Sign in to follow this  
efirty

Blown Headgasket

Hi guys

I have an e30 318i M10 motorwith a blown headgasket. I havn't got any quotes as of yet to have it fixed. But would like to know how much $ other people have paid in the past to have their cars fixed.

Just wanting a ballpark figure so i can decide whether or not it is worthwhile fixing.

Cheers, Josh

Hi guys

I have an e30 318i M10 motorwith a blown headgasket. I havn't got any quotes as of yet to have it fixed. But would like to know how much $ other people have paid in the past to have their cars fixed.

Just wanting a ballpark figure so i can decide whether or not it is worthwhile fixing.

Cheers, Josh

I can't give you a ball park price on a pro job but DIY would be around $150 for a headset plus a bit more for things like oil and coolant if you replaced those too. (might pay to get the head checked while its off too) M10 is a pretty simple motor and theres nothing that tricky about doing a headgasket on one.

Might pay to find out why it blew in the first place? just old age or cooling problems, etc?

Edited by Mike

a complete ballpark figure for a garage job. $1000

Could cost more....depends what you find once it's apart and why it actually overheated in the first place.

yep sorry had to cut my first post short. well in worse case senario you have cracked the head. and depending what a new heads worth my estimate could double. but if it is just the gasket and a plain that will be needed you SHOULD be expecting between 800 and 1400

Cheers guys, its gone into the mechanics this morning.

If its too expensive, i guess i'l part it out

Cheers guys, its gone into the mechanics this morning.

If its too expensive, i guess i'l part it out

Can I ask who's doing this for you ??

Can I ask who's doing this for you ??

A family friend who owns a garage in East Tamaki (cannot remember the name though sorry)