Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

MY BADGE!!

Any tips to replacing the bonnet roundel on my e30? Do i just use a heat gun? And what do i use to put the new one on?

I was driving up in riverhead last weekend when my badge flew off. At the time i thought it was just a leaf but the next morning i noticed my roundel was missing. The silver attaching thingy is still on the bonnet but no trace of a badge.

Cheers

Andrew

Mine fell off in a carwash, I popped down to Bunnings and got me some "HEVCO 502 Super Glue" and it worked a charm - this stuff is really really low viscosity, so took 2 or 3 goes to actually use it right (I initially thought i got ripped off, but 3rd time was a charm) badge is well stuck-on now.

i have some .

they just have 2 plastic dowls that push into the bonnet .

Heat gun??? Glue??? :blink: Don't do that to your cars guys!

The roundels have 2 pins on the back and are held into the holes on the bonnet/boot by two plastic grommets that slide onto the pins so as to ensure a snug fit. To remove, just use a flat head screwdriver.

PS: Cover the screwdriver tip with some electrical tape and put a cloth beneath the levering point so you don't dent the panels or damage the paint.

i have some .

they just have 2 plastic dowls that push into the bonnet .

Brent do you have a rear badge for a 1999 E39 at a good price? The ones on TM are a bit steep!

The high pressure hose at the car groomer blew off the enamel and left me with a nice silver roundel and the BMW etching - mind you it was cracked so I was just waiting for it to happen.

Mike

Brent do you have a rear badge for a 1999 E39 at a good price? The ones on TM are a bit steep!

The high pressure hose at the car groomer blew off the enamel and left me with a nice silver roundel and the BMW etching - mind you it was cracked so I was just waiting for it to happen.

Mike

yes .

call ah 021433600

Heat gun??? Glue??? :blink: Don't do that to your cars guys!

The roundels have 2 pins on the back and are held into the holes on the bonnet/boot by two plastic grommets that slide onto the pins so as to ensure a snug fit. To remove, just use a flat head screwdriver.

PS: Cover the screwdriver tip with some electrical tape and put a cloth beneath the levering point so you don't dent the panels or damage the paint.

Thanks for the help, iv studied the badge a bit further and it looks to be that simple in the end.

Cheers

Andrew