Sign in to follow this  
Apex

08 E60 M5 crash.

seems like an identical story that came out a year or so ago about an 18 year old kid in a E39 M5

hmmmmm.....

This is Months old. There are posts on here about it.

Im pretty sure it was HIS m5. Yes, kids in the US drive incredible cars. Take a vist to the nicer parts of California and you will see kids in everything from bling'd out Range Rovers to new Shelby convertibles.

Lets try not to hear all the opininated crap. Its was dumb, but the kid paid the ultimate price.

This is Months old. There are posts on here about it.

Im pretty sure it was HIS m5.

The M5 belonged not to him, but instead to his father.

Thats why i said his fathers M5 Edited by Nick021

I don't like the whole he's young so he shouldn't drive such a car. I think it's a stupid argument, it was his own personal choice, there's no point roping in everyone else with him. From personal experience I've (briefly) driven a 996 before and my daily driver is a 525i (almost 200HP) although it's no M5, I've still never been tempted to speed in it, or the 996 for that fact, so blaming it on his age is the easy way out, it was his own (personal) stupidity.

[Edit]and what does it really matter whether it was his or his dads? Obviously in NZ parents don't (normally) dole their kids out copious sums of money, but what's a few hundred thousands if you're, say... a multi millionaire, obviously there are kids around whose parents have bought them much more expensive cars than an M5!

Edited by Avenged.SSE

Very sad. But still deserves nomination for Darwin Awards.

On a forum site he had posted asking...

1) how to turn stablity control OFF

2) Traction controll OFF

3) Activating "sports mode" or something simmler

stupid..

Very sad. But still deserves nomination for Darwin Awards.

IIRC, the Darwin Awards team exclude anybody who takes others out as a result of their stupidity/poor judgement. I seem to remember that the driver had three or four mates in the car with him.

On a forum site he had posted asking...

1) how to turn stablity control OFF

2) Traction controll OFF

3) Activating "sports mode" or something simmler

stupid..

That shows he *THINKS* he's the Stig but failed to realise he lacks the capability of.

That shows he *THINKS* he's the Stig but failed to realise he lacks the capability of.

I'd bet that if anyone got a new m5 would try this along a country road.

Wondered how long this story would take to hit BS. There are some epic 20+page long threads about it on other forums from a couple of months back.

I remember this was all over the news at the time, and I wondered whether it was just because it happened at the 'aviation estate' that John Travolta lives in. American media is obsessed with any news item if a celebrity is somehow able to be linked to the story.

He was on a forum asking a whole bunch of questions and people where telling him to be carefull etc. And he was saying he wasnt gonna be a idiot and kill him self lol. Next week he killed him self and his mates. Ill try find the post.