Sign in to follow this  
Cheyne

Some waste of oxygen crashed into my car and didn't even leave a s

I went to my car on Friday night to go home and found that someone had reversed into it and ripped the front bumper off and driven off without even leaving a "sorry" note!

I mean come on, it's not like you wouldn't notice ripping the front bumper off of someone's car, surely?

Posted Image

Bumper ripped clean off. Parking sensors all broken and hanging useless. Lower grill and rubstrips and chrome trim all busted up :( On the plus side the radiator, fan etc is all undamaged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything looks ok under the bonnet too

Posted Image

That sucks dude. Looks like not too much to fix though.

I can't beleive that people are such f**king wankers.

Sorry to hear mate.

Do you know where they actually hit the bumper? Because it all looks pretty straight.

Luckily there is no damage to any of the metalwork, except for a small dent in the front of the bonnet, just below the left kidney. I think that it will require a new bumper as it is pretty torn up. It'll also need a new undertray, four parking sensors number plate holder. I'm pretty sure that the rubstrips, chrome and lower grill can be repaired.

Thank goodness for the lifetime no-claims bonus :)

My only guess is that they punched their towbar or something through bumper just to the right of the number plate and it just tore the whole lot off as they drove forward.

Edited by Cheyne

That's terrible. Waste of oxygen is right! Glad to hear the damage is pretty limited though. Maybe a good time for you to consider putting a kit on (though I don't think there are many kits available for the 7's). Would replace the rubstrips (I take it you mean the moldings) as they probably have some sort of texture on them.

Unlucky mate, hope you get it all fixed up okay.

Unlucky mate, hope you get it all fixed up okay.

Thanks. It is booked in to the bodyshop on Monday so will hopefully be good as new pretty quickly. I am getting them to fix up a few other bits and pieces that have been bugging me while they are at it.

Maybe a good time for you to consider putting a kit on (though I don't think there are many kits available for the 7's). Would replace the rubstrips (I take it you mean the moldings) as they probably have some sort of texture on them.

I thought of getting a kit for it, but the only one I have seen that I like is the Alpina B12 front lip:

Posted Image

have had my coupe dented twice in a car park where i work .

once in the rhs front gaurd , then the drivers door about 3 weeks later .

both will need replacing . no note left . :angry:

I thought of getting a kit for it, but the only one I have seen that I like is the Alpina B12 front lip.

That looks good! Very VIP. Guessing they're hard to find though.

Probably saw you car was a BM, shat themselves and boosted.

Don't you worry. Karma will find them.

Ps. Atleast no one stole the parts!