Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

E36 coupe headunit pinouts/wiring diagrams

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of a full wiring diagram for my 328 coupe.

Last owner made a hell of a mess when he installed the headunit (didn't use an adaptor, basically insulation taped the wires together) - so I have to/want to re-wire the whole system from scratch this Friday while I'm not at work.

The door cards have 2 little speakers in each, which I'm guessing are tweeters, can these be hooked through the same input as the front woofers down the bottom or do they need thier own channel?

I'm working with a budget Pioneer HU until I can gather more funds.

Cheers.

Josh

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of a full wiring diagram for my 328 coupe.

Want me to email you one? I need to know the model year of your E36 328i. And I need your email address. PM it to me.

some have a factory amp in the boot with built in crossovers , so be carefull hooking full range sound into the the midranges and tweeters . you will blow them unless you put a inline bipolar cap .

call me if you like ,

i have an amp and diagrams form a haines manual

How easy is it to tell if there is an amp?

I know there is a CD changer plug hanging loose in the boot, I'll have a hunt for an amp at some stage.

How easy is it to tell if there is an amp?

I know there is a CD changer plug hanging loose in the boot, I'll have a hunt for an amp at some stage.

pull out all the boot lining.On the e34 its on the left hand side of the boot(looking in) sorta mounted vertically

yes left side up above the wheel mounted vertically .

check the back of the mids and tweeters to see if they have a capacitor inline with the wire .