Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Facelift Headlights for my E30

Ok, um i bought some of the ellipsoid hellas for my e30, a prefacelift M325i, and also a facelift wiring loom. After tinkering and trying to match up colours and the geography of the wires iv managed to wire in inside bulbs of the low beams and the left side high beam.

I think someone has messed with the wire before as there are some messy connections, and this is making it extremely difficult to figure out whats going on.

If anyone has wiring diagrams or previous experience in wiring these lights id be keen for some advice.

Thanks

Outer lamps are dip, inners high.

Because the outer lamps in this system are a single filament bulb - they are a permenent dip & stay on in both beams.

Yellow is dip beam (outer)

White is high beam (inner)

Brown is earth

Can't remember park light wires off hand but will be grey with a trace (different trace either side)

Outer lamps are dip, inners high.

Because the outer lamps in this system are a single filament bulb - they are a permenent dip & stay on in both beams.

Yellow is dip beam (outer)

White is high beam (inner)

Brown is earth

Can't remember park light wires off hand but will be grey with a trace (different trace either side)

Thanks thats gonna help tonnes.

Just installed my facelift projectors and HID's today. Took my autosparky mate about 30mins total. So stoked. Were free.

I think my wiring would not help though. As it has been altered for the HID's. Which are soooooo much better than the normal bulbs. H1 HID's are dirt cheap too.

Let me know if you want me to check what goes where.

Edited by driftit

Just installed my facelift projectors and HID's today. Took my autosparky mate about 30mins total. So stoked. Were free.

I think my wiring would not help though. As it has been altered for the HID's. Which are soooooo much better than the normal bulbs. H1 HID's are dirt cheap too.

Let me know if you want me to check what goes where.

yeah that would be great. Im completely over my head, as i cnt make head or tail of anything lol. Id be willing to pay ur mate if he could do it. How much did u get the HID's for?

Got the HID's for $100 off trademe. And they are not bad at all.

If you want him to sus the lights out for you pop into Hope Hickman Auto Electricial, Basement 17 Union St Auckland Central Auckland. And ask for Brendon. Or just give them a call. He knows what to do and doesn't take him long.

09-379 9425

You can't miss the building. It is right at the very top of union street. Good honest family business.

http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Spark-Plugs/...91481_1527.html

Got the HID's for $100 off trademe. And they are not bad at all.

If you want him to sus the lights out for you pop into Hope Hickman Auto Electricial, Basement 17 Union St Auckland Central Auckland. And ask for Brendon. Or just give them a call. He knows what to do and doesn't take him long.

09-379 9425

You can't miss the building. It is right at the very top of union street. Good honest family business.

http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Spark-Plugs/...91481_1527.html

Thanks for that. i'll look him up when i get the time.

Brendan did a great job on the lights, so all is working now, and looking bloody good i might add.

Cheers Dan