Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

ELF racing fuel

I've got a 50 litre of Elf 106 octane unleaded race fuel surplus due to the drag day being cancelled.

Normal retail $530 + GST

I'm selling at cost $340 incl GST

Ye gods! Is it really close to $12/litre retail? :o

I worked at a Mobil station (many years back) which sold racegas as well - it was 106 octane and about $1.30 a litre (normal leaded 96 was around $0.95 back then). Ahh the good old days - way back when I was a young fella....

I've got a 50 litre of Elf 106 octane unleaded race fuel surplus due to the drag day being cancelled.

Normal retail $530 + GST

I'm selling at cost $340 incl GST

Bump... I've still got it

We just need to organise another track day!! Then you can use it.

I'm dying for a track day to test out my rebuilt suspension, I'm so stoked with the work Suspensiontech did on my Msport, I feel like a teenager behind the wheel again, lol! :D

Edited by M325is

you just need to fill your car with 91 then top it up with this stuff to "make" 95 or 96......if you cant sell it...

you just need to fill your car with 91 then top it up with this stuff to "make" 95 or 96......if you cant sell it...

Makes for some damn expensive motoring! By my calcs you would need 24 litres of racegas for 41 litres of 91 to get to around 96 octane (in a 65 litre tank assuming it is 106 octane). At the normal retail, this would be around $370 (+GST) give or take a bit for a tank full :o .

You want to make sure those litres aren't spent in the Auckland traffic!!

Everyone was complaining about $2.30 a litre - think yourself lucky you don't need to use 106 octane every day!!!

Ye gods! Is it really close to $12/litre retail? :o

I worked at a Mobil station (many years back) which sold racegas as well - it was 106 octane and about $1.30 a litre (normal leaded 96 was around $0.95 back then). Ahh the good old days - way back when I was a young fella....

that was AVGAS, and it's still being sold as 'race fuel' in some remove stations.

kids... AVGAS (aviation fuel) is leaded (as opposed to unleaded), as in contain lead, and not to metnion it's illegal for use on the street, it will kill your oxygen sensors in a matter of few hundred kilometers driving on pure AVGAS. It's "ok-ish" for few runs down the strip

I think AV gas also has antifreeze in it and is less effective than just plain old 98.

Im trying to palm two thirds off glen as im only keen for a third for an upcoming track day.

Makes for some damn expensive motoring! By my calcs you would need 24 litres of racegas for 41 litres of 91 to get to around 96 octane (in a 65 litre tank assuming it is 106 octane). At the normal retail, this would be around $370 (+GST) give or take a bit for a tank full :o .

You want to make sure those litres aren't spent in the Auckland traffic!!

Everyone was complaining about $2.30 a litre - think yourself lucky you don't need to use 106 octane every day!!!

true...but not as expensive as not doing anything with it

that was AVGAS, and it's still being sold as 'race fuel' in some remove stations.

kids... AVGAS (aviation fuel) is leaded (as opposed to unleaded), as in contain lead, and not to metnion it's illegal for use on the street, it will kill your oxygen sensors in a matter of few hundred kilometers driving on pure AVGAS. It's "ok-ish" for few runs down the strip

No - it was Mobil racegas and most definitely not aviation fuel. We were the only place in South Auckland that sold it (excluding Pukekohe).

true...but not as expensive as not doing anything with it

Touche!

I think AV gas also has antifreeze in it and is less effective than just plain old 98.

Im trying to palm two thirds off glen as im only keen for a third for an upcoming track day.

What track day Graham ???