Sign in to follow this  
normsmith

Bad news about manufacturer's warranty

Hi jochen i have a e46 2001 4dr sedan 318i and hav nav n ph system.can you tell me how can i get them woking in nz.

Cheers

Black bmw

If you want info about nav and phone and how to make it all work in NZ, I can help. I've made loads of E39s work perfectly. All using oriignal BMW equipment.

Hi jochen i have a e46 2001 4dr sedan 318i and hav nav n ph system.can you tell me how can i get them woking in nz.

Cheers

Black bmw

Mate, best to PM him

Cheers

Black bmw

If you want info about nav and phone and how to make it all work in NZ, I can help. I've made loads of E39s work perfectly. All using oriignal BMW equipment.

I have given you the rundown on this before for your car - Jochens answer will be the same no doubt. Theres no getting around replacing the nav unit & fitting a retrofit phone kit for systems to work in NZ

Replace nav computer with Mk4

Replace telephone controller with bluetooth unit

It'll then all work

PS: there's a bit of detail in doing this, hotwire can help you if you are local to Hamilton / Te Awamutu.

I was thinking the other day how scary it would be to own a E60 M5 now they are out of warranty after Glenn mentioned a clutch Pac alone is $6k!

Sorry but I find that VERY HARD to believe .... Official Remanufactured clutch kits cost WAY less than that. It'll be the labour cost that make up majority of the bill - although having said this I can't see how much more difficult the M5 clutch would be to replace compared to a M3 one (similar sort of hours and time from my understanding - roughly charge out rate is 10 to 12 hours total)

Edited by M3_Power

Just to clarify... I've never done one, but I'm told the M5 & M6 SMG clutches are about $5-$6,000 to do

Will find out at some stage when we end up doing one.. I might research it all on Monday and get actual prices, labour times etc.