Sign in to follow this  
HINDUSTANI4U

Fuel Guage not working HELP PLS

hey guys and girls

i am new to the whole BMW scene but i am enjoying driving my BMW B) . I have bought a 1997 BMW 316i and regardless how much i fill petrol in it the fuel guage never seems to move from empty :huh: and the empty light stays on all the time which makes it harder for me to figure out how much petrol is left in the car :lol:

can anyone advise me what could be wrong with it and what is the best way of goin about it please.

many thanks to everyone in advance

hey guys and girls

i am new to the whole BMW scene but i am enjoying driving my BMW B) . I have bought a 1997 BMW 316i and regardless how much i fill petrol in it the fuel guage never seems to move from empty :huh: and the empty light stays on all the time which makes it harder for me to figure out how much petrol is left in the car :lol:

can anyone advise me what could be wrong with it and what is the best way of goin about it please.

many thanks to everyone in advance

Common problem....broken wire in the fuel tank sender unit. The sender unit needs to come out and be rewired

Common problem....broken wire in the fuel tank sender unit. The sender unit needs to come out and be rewired

is that a big job? how much would it roughly cost for me to get it done? jst an idea roughly

fuel is one of the problems i have some other issues i have with it will put that up after i get this sorted.

is that a big job? how much would it roughly cost for me to get it done? jst an idea roughly

fuel is one of the problems i have some other issues i have with it will put that up after i get this sorted.

Approx $100. If thats what is causing it. We normally rewire the sender unit and the pump as well because the wiring on the pumps often fail too

Thanks for the advice ..... ummm the other problem i have is that the back windows dont go down or up when using the switches in the back seats...

and <_< also the heater unit has its own mind i gues it turns on when it feels like and off too.. but wen i try pressing it sometimes it listens to me but most of the time it does its own thing :lol:

lights - my fog lights are not going an and the two buttons next to the headlights knob when i press them nothing happens..

anything i should get done?

would it be a wiring fault in the car?

Do you have a window lock button by the window switches on the console??

Do you have a window lock button by the window switches on the console??

yes i do and i have tried it with the switch on and off still no difference :(

is this broken wire in the fuel sender problem in e30s to? my fuel guage dont work neither and im sick of shaking the car to hear how much gas i got... well.... sick of people laughing at me when i shake the car to hear how much gas i got

Yeah I used to have the same problem, But got a new fuel sender unit for well less than a hundred.

thanks Glen and his team for getting my fuel guage problem fixed really appreciate it ... am happy cause now i can relax my brain from thinking and calculating how many km $40 gas will get me etc hahahaha