Sign in to follow this  
323e30

Project skum bag

Looks tough as

Get rid of the boot spoiler tho lol

Have you shaved the door handles on your ride or is that just a photo shop jobby? Im pretty keen to do the same thing but not sure what im getting myself into , I can weld up the doors easy enough but not too sure what to so with the handle mechanism.

Looks sweet!

I see you only painted the high beam reflector black on your high beams, not make the crosshair baffle thingys- therefore they may not work that well. Still looks mean.

I think im going to wire up the projector lamps so they can use a double filament bulb so that the inner lamps are only there for looks or like just parks and the so outter lamps do the high and low beam

How much did the e46 rings set you back and what did you buy specfically? Is it a package from bmw? Or..?

ccfl halo ring kit for e46 e36.

They were the last set i had sitting around, I was selling them for 100$ a set, for 4 rings plus the power invertor units . They were listed to fit e36 and e46. Realistically they dont fit e30 as they are too thick by about 3-4mms but i just filled the gap with more sealant (for projector version e30 lamps)

Can get more kits in if your keen just not too sure when exactly maby around 2 - 4 weeks time if im lucky

Havn't looked at it yet aye bro, i'm going to take it to John Andrew on Friday. It doesn't slip or anything so I dont think its that bad, have a feeling i wasn't fully off the clutch and when it came on boost it just owned the clutch plate making the smell. I just need to know if the clutch rubbed on the turbo heat shielding and made that noise before it happened.

angel eyes finally done and going, dammn slow process to get them to fit e30. I really cant see how they can advertise these to fit e30 on trademe, They need far too much work.. but still do-able i guess.

post-271-1218547649_thumb.jpg

post-271-1218547700_thumb.jpg

Looks tuff as bro,good job!

Just re: shaving doors. We did it on a mates whaletale 323 wagon and did it pretty rangi but still good. Just use your existing door opening mechanism and use some thick as wire and bend it so it pops up the top of the door by the door lock.And we just drilled a hole on the outside of the door by the bottom of the window and put a badass skull head on top of the wire.That was then the door handle. Could obviously do it better but it's easy enough to use the normal door mech to open the door. Sorry it doesnt really make sense but can draw you a picture if you wish.

Looks tuff as bro,good job!

Just re: shaving doors. We did it on a mates whaletale 323 wagon and did it pretty rangi but still good. Just use your existing door opening mechanism and use some thick as wire and bend it so it pops up the top of the door by the door lock.And we just drilled a hole on the outside of the door by the bottom of the window and put a badass skull head on top of the wire.That was then the door handle. Could obviously do it better but it's easy enough to use the normal door mech to open the door. Sorry it doesnt really make sense but can draw you a picture if you wish.

Thats pretty much how i was wanting to do it, dont really want to use solenoids , its just another thing thats going to go wrong later down the track so plan to go with a mechanical option. just use like door lock pins to open the doors.

Was there much pissing around to do it? or was it fairly strait forward.

Was pretty easy.Only hard part was finding wire hard enough to bend but stay straight afterwards if you get what I mean.

And also just figuring out where exactly the best spot on the door was to mount the lock pins to open the door.Ended up pretty much being right opposite the door lock.Will probably be different on an E30,Not too sure.

sussed german plates and started de spoilering the boot. Welded up holes and have just puttyed so far. still tons of work to go.

post-271-1220250914_thumb.jpg

post-271-1220250943_thumb.jpg

fitted a front kit was orginally in ruins but got it plastic welded back together, No idea what brand it is. just needs to be prepped and painted, Also removed all the door handles , re done the mechanisms so that its just a press down pin to open doors , Will be welding smooth all the door and key holes next.

post-271-1220879925_thumb.jpg

post-271-1220879981_thumb.jpg

post-271-1220880024_thumb.jpg

post-271-1220880078_thumb.jpg

post-271-1220880124_thumb.jpg

cars back on its wheels now, but still missing a steering rack jumped the gun with a supercharger plan but will hopefully be picking the manual rack soon.

Looking good. Love to see when it's finished with some better pics. Keep us posted :)