Sign in to follow this  
323e30

Project skum bag

So far ive taking an old 87 320i and coverted it to a 2.3 manual,

lowered on h and r springs. sitting a little lower than images show now.

harmann style black grill

harmann badges

eyelids + newer lights installed.

sanded back and primered matt black. still yet to decide color so its gonna remain skum spec till then.

Home made spray booth haha..

engine has had the head skimmed and reconned to is putting out a decent amount of power.

have lots planned ahead but this is it so far.

post-271-1216965647_thumb.jpg

post-271-1216965672_thumb.jpg

post-271-1216965716_thumb.jpg

post-271-1216965763_thumb.jpg

post-271-1216965793_thumb.jpg

post-271-1216965839_thumb.jpg

post-271-1216965872_thumb.jpg

Edited by 323e30

tough!

looking good dude, keep us posted!

keep the matt black, it's badass

That painting booth should be in the show us ya DIY thread. Are they gazebos?

Nice, The chrome around the windows looks good agaisnt the Matt Black.

Lovin' the spray booth!!

haha the spray booth is two 30$ gazebo's and a ton of paper for the walls and floor ,was pretty hard to ventilate tho!

It was fully closed when i painted it, this pic shows it after i cut it open to get the car out.

post-271-1216968382_thumb.jpg

Edited by 323e30

Did I see this car on Ti Irirangi Drive at Botany around 5:30pm tonight? If not, your car has a doppelganger.

Love the matt black - very Mad Max! Just don't tell me you're into leather gimp suits and flamethrowers.....

Did I see this car on Ti Irirangi Drive at Botany around 5:30pm tonight? If not, your car has a doppelganger.

Love the matt black - very Mad Max! Just don't tell me you're into leather gimp suits and flamethrowers.....

haha yeah that was me , guess its a bit of a sore toe out there driving round without the bumper on haha.

Nice! Matt black rocks.

Nice garage too.

haha yeah that was me , guess its a bit of a sore toe out there driving round without the bumper on haha.

Mine was the silver E46 that stopped in the other lane. Hard to forget a matt black E30!

Decided to shave the front badge off as it was clashing with the grill badge imo. This image shows it before the final touch up while primer paint was still wet

Think im going to paint the car two tone Jet black and Matt black then clear coat, Will post images once its done.

just need to remove boot lid and fit a body kit first.

post-271-1217241228_thumb.jpg

Did you do something to the stock front indicators to make them clear or did you just cut out some clear ones to the right size ? Sorry stupid question. Looks sweet without the bonnet emblem.

Edited by Skrillz

Did you do something to the stock front indicators to make them clear or did you just cut out some clear ones to the right size ? Sorry stupid question. Looks sweet without the bonnet emblem.

There off a different car, not a bmw, I planned to get lots of sets of them to sell off but wanted to be sure they fitted first, They fit ok at first but a little tight so had to cut them a bit to fit otherwise theres too much pressure on the plastic lens where you screw them on, but only by a few mm's

todays effort, Half finished but will add photos as i go.

Home made smoked angel eye headlights

Used e46 angel eye kit to do this.

first i had to seperate the glass, by far the hardest part of this project. ( dont try this unless you know what your doing or you will break the glass)

Then painted some parts black, and fitted in angel eye rings.

Then placed back together

post-271-1217318149_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217318196_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217318237_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217318268_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217318321_thumb.jpg

Good stuff Mike.. Ill see you tomorrow night to grab those wheels if thats possible? Got Appointment for a WOF on Thursday.

Matt black on Gloss black looks badass if done on the right lines. The Matrix panel beaters ute is like that and it looks mint.

Real DIYer mate, top job

todays effort, Half finished but will add photos as i go.

Home made smoked angel eye headlights

Used e46 angel eye kit to do this.

first i had to seperate the glass, by far the hardest part of this project. ( dont try this unless you know what your doing or you will break the glass)

Then painted some parts black, and fitted in angel eye rings.

Then placed back together

Ive smoked my lights to and I have to agree the glass is a pain in the ass and is EASILY broken, did you bake them in the oven lol?

Ive smoked my lights to and I have to agree the glass is a pain in the ass and is EASILY broken, did you bake them in the oven lol?

haha yeah 240 degrees for around 20mins per 2 lenses. I made 1 really small chip in mine from trying to pry them too soon but once they were cooked they poped off no sweat .

not sure how ill go with wofs with all of them smoked tho but the cars reged as a wof exempt vehicle at this stage anyway so ill worry about that later.

angel eyes just need to glue back on lenses , eyelids will hopefully hide the part where the angel eye rings stop.

post-271-1217339357_thumb.jpg

Edited by 323e30

Lights finally finished, Took ages for the glue to dry. Painted the outter rings Gloss black also.

Plus touching up bonnet as it wasnt quite perfect.

post-271-1217829726_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217829767_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217829806_thumb.jpg

post-271-1217829850_thumb.jpg

Looks sweet!

I see you only painted the high beam reflector black on your high beams, not make the crosshair baffle thingys- therefore they may not work that well. Still looks mean.