Sign in to follow this  
mackt

Intravee II

I've ordered an Intravee II and got a Alpine KCA-420i Ipod Interface, but looks like I have the DSP coaxial.

Does anyone know where to get a Analog to Digital converter thats compatible with this setup locally or is there something online.

Thanks in advance

I've ordered an Intravee II and got a Alpine KCA-420i Ipod Interface, but looks like I have the DSP coaxial.

Does anyone know where to get a Analog to Digital converter thats compatible with this setup locally or is there something online.

Thanks in advance

CD changer Digital input is standard spdif

have you googled "ipod spdif" ?

Edited by jochen

I'm starting to get excited - I can feel an install coming on :D

Intravee has arrived, just seen that my DICE ADC is in Auckland (I love track and trace) so should be in Invercargill by the time I get back from Wellington...

Edited by mackt

Update time...

Well discovered car didn't have DSP so didn't need that blackbox. Installing the Intravee was easy as. Plug in the Ipod and thats where things went a bit pear shaped. The screen output was garbled and very limited functionality.

I could play a playlist (that had been selected before plugging into Intravee) and go forward and back. Anything else kicked me out to AM/FM - agggh.

Tried firmware updates/ IV2 website support.No joy. But the sound was great so made the compromise to pick a playlist and deal with it.

Great news though - they just did a firmware update to V6.0 this month - just downloaded and updated and things way better, screen layout is good, can select playlists, still some gremlins but way better.

So if you want to integrate a ipod into your bimmer I think this is the way to go. If you have a newer than 2000 car think my issues won't exist,probably due to old BN23 tuner or tv module.

I run IntraveeII on my mkIV satnav / BM54 setup.

If you want ipod intergration with proper control on 16:9 display .. Its pretty much the only real option.

Would be nice to be able to play the audio from the 'movies' playlist and it activate to video out mode :) could then input from reversing camera and have sound in stereo.