Sign in to follow this  
David@globemarketing.co.nz

Help!!

OK, in the space of two opening of the doors, the key went from opening the door, um, to not. The key goes into the door lock but when turning the lock, nothing. The key does work the boot and the ignition. Will this mean having to replace both the lock and the keys?? What would the fastest way to resolve this likely to be. Is this gonna cost or what!?!!

Right now its a case of having to crawl through the boot and that aint good.

Your comments apprecaited.

Dave

Hahaha - funny (just picturing it)! Well, not so funny for you I guess.... Especially with the 5-0 watching.

So does the remote unlock the door? Or does it not have remote central locking? Sounds like it might be time to consult a locksmith or take it in to see Glenn at Botany Motor Worx....

Central locking module. Replaced one the other day. Was doing the same thing.

Regards Ray

unfortuantly the remote is not working anymore either (this painting another picture). I am more concerned that this is a dealer only thing due to having to sync the system.

I am though of course pleasd that others can smile at my pain. I always work on the basis that if someone is laughing at me, they arent laughing at someone else!

Central locking module. Replaced one the other day. Was doing the same thing.

Regards Ray

Hi Ray, cool. That would be easier than the other option!

Do you have any available and if so at what price?

Thanks again!

Sounds like you might have it sorted - won't know yourself being able to use the doors! :lol:

Sounds like you might have it sorted - won't know yourself being able to use the doors! :lol:

Ha, it aint done till its done, right. I am just beginning to understand that with this car!

OK, in the space of two opening of the doors, the key went from opening the door, um, to not. The key goes into the door lock but when turning the lock, nothing. The key does work the boot and the ignition. Will this mean having to replace both the lock and the keys?? What would the fastest way to resolve this likely to be. Is this gonna cost or what!?!!

Right now its a case of having to crawl through the boot and that aint good.

Your comments apprecaited.

Dave

E46's break the shafts in the external lock, sounds like this has happened...its an easy fix, new lock & recode by a locksmith. I can sort it for you