Sign in to follow this  
Keats

e36 windows and warning beep?

Hey guys my e36's windows stopped working all at once. I cant find the fuses for them though?

In my past experience though my cars have had a fuse for 2 windows so they didnt all go at once?

Also a very quiet what i make out to be warning beep goes off when the cars in neutral or park (neutral) for just a few seconds. Anybody know what that is?

And also my timed inspection light has turned on can you turn that off by shorting it out or do you need a machine?

Cheers

Keats

The fuses for the electric windows are found in the main fuse box which is located at the rear of the engine bay on the passenger side. If you take the lid off the fusebox there is a sticker which tells you what each fuse is for. There should also be various spare fuses in case some have blown.

The inspection light can be turned off using a small machine which you can buy on Trademe. Or you can try the paperclip trick which is explained in many threads here, do a search for "service lights reset paperclip" or something similar.

However, are you sure your car is not in need of an inspection service? Might be a wise idea to have it done if you're not following regular service intervals.

As for the warning beep, I'm not too sure what that is... I've never heard of a warning beep system on the transmission of the E36. Someone will be more knowledgeable on this subject though.

look on the drivers kick panel -91/92 models had a trip switch for windows

look on the drivers kick panel -91/92 models had a trip switch for windows

yea ive checked all the fuses cheers the trip switch should be it ill have a look now

The fuses for the electric windows are found in the main fuse box which is located at the rear of the engine bay on the passenger side. If you take the lid off the fusebox there is a sticker which tells you what each fuse is for. There should also be various spare fuses in case some have blown.

The inspection light can be turned off using a small machine which you can buy on Trademe. Or you can try the paperclip trick which is explained in many threads here, do a search for "service lights reset paperclip" or something similar.

However, are you sure your car is not in need of an inspection service? Might be a wise idea to have it done if you're not following regular service intervals.

As for the warning beep, I'm not too sure what that is... I've never heard of a warning beep system on the transmission of the E36. Someone will be more knowledgeable on this subject though.

yea dont worry i just took it in today its just my mechanic doesnt have the machine to turn it off ill have to look up the paperclip method i think. cheers

you can buy service reset tool off trademe cant you? $60 i think