Sign in to follow this  
vanos

1 Month idle suggestions.....

Gidday. I am away overseas for a month. I wonder if there are any ''care'' tips for my 96'e36 323i (odo.196k).

It will be parked outside (off street) my flat. I live in the Southern Lakes area and will be away from 1st OCT for the month. Anything useful appreciated. Thanks in advance.

p.s. .....Because I love my baby!!

Gidday. I am away overseas for a month. I wonder if there are any ''care'' tips for my 96'e36 323i (odo.196k).

It will be parked outside (off street) my flat. I live in the Southern Lakes area and will be away from 1st OCT for the month. Anything useful appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Put a cover on it if you want, but otherwise it should be sweet if it's only for a month.

Best thing you can do: lock it up in a garage. Keeps it away from thieves - especially seeing as you have told everyone on a public forum roughly where the car will be located :-)

Security-wise...

steering wheel lock, disconnect battery, pull a few random fuse/relay to make it unstartable even if jump-starting

Maybe put the car on blocks?

If you are really into car care, treat the rubber seals (windows, door and boot) and tyre before you go. Top up the fuel tank to minimise chance of condensation in fuel tank.

Maybe put the car on blocks?

I was going to say this, AFAIK tyres can get flat spots if left for ages. Although I don't know if they would get flatspots in a month or so.