Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

WTF !?

hey dude just wanted to let you know that BMW has never made an E36 with a turbocharger. ever. they never made an E30 with one either. or any 5 6 or 7 series for that matter. the last non diesel BMW model to come from factory turbo'd was the 2002ti and that was in the late 70's

sorry to be a bastard jack, but, the 2002 turbo was called "2002 turbo" as i gather, and the all awesome E23 745i was turbo. "The South African 745i had a 277 hp engine taken from the M1 super car." How cool is that? a turbo M1 motor...

haha whatever ive seen heaps of a threads get far far more "off topic" and be allowed to run unchecked... if a mods involved that is...

whats that they say about power?

:huh:

haha whatever ive seen heaps of a threads get far far more "off topic" and be allowed to run unchecked... if a mods involved that is...

thats exactly what the problem is, now we are running it right. keep to the topics, and for the off topic stuff read the rules before posting.

common Jack :banghead:

sorry to be a bastard jack, but, the 2002 turbo was called "2002 turbo" as i gather, and the all awesome E23 745i was turbo. "The South African 745i had a 277 hp engine taken from the M1 super car." How cool is that? a turbo M1 motor...

yea i know i had the badge wrong but i figure, f**k it this retard thinks there 318i turbo is the real thing.... theyll never no...

Guest Spargo

Can't see turbo, but see intake going down, and another pipe coming up. It might be...

cares bout the sus turbo..wheres the rest of the engine??

poor bastards dont even know they've cut off 2 pistons to make room for the sus turbo...oh the humanity..

maybe its like the new mazda with a low mount turbo?

or more likely its all B-F-S

those are some really sus looking engine shots - The plumbing for the turbo (if that what the pipe heading down off the intake is really for) doesnt look like a factory job, and even if it was fitted at the Jerry Clayton BMW "factory", it would be tidier than that wouldnt it?

The 2002 was badged a 2002ti wasnt it? Thats the impression I was under anyway - worries about the way it was badged, for a 70s car, it was seriously badassed! (and they still have an appeal today - They certainly get my attention when I see one, and Im quite sure that most BMW enthusiasts feel the same)

Oh, M3AN,

Isn't my M3 a turbo? It must be because it's really fast and turbo cars are the fastest right?

How can I tell if mine's a turbo? It's manual, does that m3an anything?

That is some classic sh*t - The sad part is, I know people that would believe you - take em for a ride and say that its turbo, they wouldnt know the difference!!! Gimme an BMW Evo over a Mitsi Evo any day - you dont need a turbo to make serious power and speed!!!

after a little "corospondance" with the seller i have come to the conclusion that she is, infact, retarded. its probably not even turbo'd , the last guy probably just lied to her. i dont think she'd know.

Guest Andrew

Another...

hmm shouldn't the stock intake connect to the throttle body .. I wanna see where that tube that IS connected to the throttle body comes from.. by looking at THAT setup it doesn't look like the AFM is connected to any intake?

post-11-1092624049.jpg

would have to be some major exhaust piping sumwhere for the airbox to be on that syde of the car???

snails should be mounted as close to the exhuast ports as possible, in order to keep heat loss to a minimum plus ehaust wrap.

Guest Andrew

would have to be some major exhaust piping sumwhere for the airbox to be on that syde of the car???

snails should be mounted as close to the exhuast ports as possible, in order to keep heat loss to a minimum plus ehaust wrap.

we are looking at the intake manifold remember - if we could see the exhaust manifold the problem would be solved. Generally I don't think you'd run the AFM on the turbo intake anyhow.

Guest Spargo

You couldn't run the stock afm on the "post turbo" side of things, you'd break it. Is that mega bracket meant to be on the front left of the motor there?

Guest Andrew

You couldn't run the stock afm on the "post turbo" side of things, you'd break it. Is that mega bracket meant to be on the front left of the motor there?

go look in your engine bay lol ..