Sign in to follow this  
bmuu

newbie from h.b

hi everyone ive just joined up a couple of weeks ago and thought i would introduce myself and my e30.

the names matt i reside in napier and i recently purchased a 87 325i.

im actuly no stranger to bimmersport as a few years ago i had an 85 323i and i used this site to learn alot about bmw's especially e30s. since my 323i treated me so well i decided to leave the jap cars alone and return to good ol e30s!

ive taken a few snaps of my ride. she sports a full zender bodykit, 14in basketweaves lowered suspension (not sure what brand of spring, they are red??) lsd and some sort of quick shift kit.

could anyone tell me the name of paint colour? and also my rego says 1987 325ia/2 what does the a/2 mean?

im looking forward to using this site to help me out when i break things on my e30 haha thanks in advance for all the advice i will recieve

matt

post-3265-1218529738_thumb.jpgpost-3265-1218529944_thumb.jpgpost-3265-1218530160_thumb.jpgpost-3265-1218530264_thumb.jpgpost-3265-1218530599_thumb.jpg

Welcome mate, awesome e30 you've got there.

The a/2 means Automatic 2 door. So at some stage it must have had a manual conversion.

The paint colour will be on a sticker on one of the strut towers (right for my e36, but left for the e39. Can't remember which for e30 though)

Welcome, looks nice, paint code should be on the passengers front strut tower.

Edited by Silver Fox

Hi and welcome Matt.

Nice e30, looks very tidy!

Welcome Matt-good to have another bay member.

Car looks great.

Welcome Matt,

Nice E30 and bodykit!

Worked/lived in Napier for half a year prior to heading down to Dunners to study.

Patrick

Welcome - nice looking car, the Zender kit always looks good on an E30.

Cheers

Grant

thanks 4 the welcome. found the paint name on passengers side strut tower and thanks 4 clearing up the a/2 thingy.

i found this one in auckland. i was originally going to buy the black 4 door e30 in the mount (the one with chromies and 2.7 rebuild o trademe) but decided not to buy it since it was the worst car i have ever driven i had no idea a car could be in such a state! AVIOD at all costs. i found mine on trademe and since i was already up north i drove anotha couple of hours 2 aucks and bought it.

how many members do we have in the bay??

Guest Simon*

Hey Matt and welcome

Bloody nice looking car :) There are a few of us in the Bay and in fact we're having a meet and a drive tomorrow (Sun 17th) if you're keen to make an appearance. See the meetings section for info!

Cheers

Si

what wasnt rong with the black e30 would be the shorter answer haha. where do i start? the rust was a big issue. bubbles the size of your fist on the roof and other panels. carpet was soaking wet. ive never seen a dash in that condition, i know e30s have cracks in them but this looked like someone had taking an axe to it! ive also never heard a car idle like that b4 and it is very hard not 2 stall. stand on the brakes and NOTHING happens (scary). i went over a speed bump and im positive the front wheels left the ground, altho i was going a little fast due to no brakes. o well atleast its a worked m20 so it would be fast right? WRONG! it was as slow as a turtle. the engine wasnt smooth at all. if you put your foot down the whole car would shake like crazy i have no idea y. and then there were the little things like the radiator being held on by cable ties etc etc.

i was extremely dissapointed and angry that i made the trip 4 nothing. driving it was not a pleasent experience i cant get over the fact that someone would let ther car get into such a state!

im not sure if its still on trademe but i wouldnt buy it 4 50c. AVOID!

im not going to be able to make it to the meet in havelock 2day but i mite come along to the next meet if thats ok

Nicest looking e30 to join the site in recent times. Cool.

Welcome. Spotted it parked up in Napier this afternoon looked bloody sharp

Guest Simon*

I saw this outside Repco in Napier last week. It lookd extremely tidy! Good buy.

Snap. Me too