Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

BMW xDrive50i beats Porsche Cayenne GTS around Nurburgring

Posted Image

Earlier this year BMW released a document comparing its new X6 SAC to the Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover Sport. The document showed that the X6 xDrive50i was more powerful, faster and more fuel-efficient than the Cayenne GTS and Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged.

However, since the document was a BMW document, the numbers might not have been as accurate. That’s where AutoBild came in and put the new X6 xDrive50i head-to-head with the Porsche Cayenne GTS.

The BMW xDrive50i is powered by a a 4.4L V8 engine that produces 400-hp. The Porsche Cayenne GTS is powered by a 4.8L V8 engine that produces 405-hp. According to AutoBild, the xDrive50i does 0-62mph in 5.7 seconds with a top speed of 155mph. The Cayenne GTS goes from 0-62mph in 6.7 seconds with a top speed of 163mph.

Taking both around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, AutoBild lapped the famous German track in 8:54.4 with the xDrive50i and 9:01.9 in the Cayenne GTS. It might be of interest to point out that the Cayenne GTS was tested with a manual transmission while the xDrive50i was tested with its standard automatic transmission.