Sign in to follow this  
M325is

Wheel of fortune in the rear of my car!

Driving home last night a noise started to appear from the right rear of my car (i'm sure its the right). It sounds like the ticking noise from wheel of fortune when I put my foot on the gas. Its pretty loud. Might have to jack it up and get under there. Anyone have suggestions of what I should look for?

Check your wheel bolts first.....failing to see anything obvious, bring it down Monday morning SLOWLY

If you cant see anything obvious I would suggest not driving it over the weekend

Checking the wheel bolts is not a bad idea! I did have a new tyre put on that side!!!!

Nope all bolts are firm, I cant even loosen them by hand which is bad! Apart from it maybe being an exhaust leak whats the worst it could be? Suspension??

Jack it up and hold it at the top and bottom of the wheel and move it bakc and forth to see if there is any play or movement. Could be a rear wheel bearing.

Had the wheel bearing done about 2years ago now, do they crap out that quickly? Will check though. Waiting on man muscles to come help me :rolleyes:

I hate being stranded. Maybe I'll ride my horse to the shops and hitch it up to the pub, should be ok, yeh?

I was having a good run with my car until a month ago i've started having little problems here and there <_<

check the output shafts where they bolt to the diff. they may have come loose, they need to be FT.

worn tyre a possibility? sometimes with lowered cars the inside of the tire wears, steel strands come through and flick against the inside of the guards.

Looks like i'll be seeing you tomorrow Glenn as its a possibility my drive shafts universal joint needs replacing. Hopefully this is the last problem for some time.