Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Alpina Mods - m30

Hay guys

does anyone know where i can get the info on what the e24 m6 had in it, eg Cam profile, compression etc

as i was wundering if its worth putting any of these into my M30b35 before turboing to get some more N/A power so i can less boost before i spend the big dollars on the car

Cheers

Hay guys

does anyone know where i can get the info on what the e24 m6 had in it, eg Cam profile, compression etc

as i was wundering if its worth putting any of these into my M30b35 before turboing to get some more N/A power so i can less boost before i spend the big dollars on the car

Cheers

They're 24v - not a possibility for you (without spending silly $$$):

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=5

When I was chatting to you Kym I wasn't talking about the e24 m6, I was talking about the worked Alpina M30 e24. B10 I think it was called.

I think it said in TBMW 260 odd hp? Dont quote me on that.

But yea would be cheaper to boost I guess... Perhaps less reliable.

Edited by tastic

When I was chatting to you Kym I wasn't talking about the e24 m6, I was talking about the worked Alpina M30 e24. B10 I think it was called.

I think it said in TBMW 260 odd hp? Dont quote me on that.

But yea would be cheaper to boost I guess... Perhaps less reliable.

Normally 1psi = 10hp, so a stock M30 running 5psi would be ~260hp, just about anything running 5psi will be reliable (within reason) let alone a bullet proof M30!!

If you plan to turbo it, don't waste your time on high cost low return NA mods.

And if you "have to spend" then do it properly, like 'topcat' did on his M30 turbo build.

Yea for sho

Damo and Topcat are the killer M30's, well running lowish boost even like 15 on the m30 would still be sweet and with the right ecu its easy to follow topcat and get some mean power out of these cars

i do admit looking at some overseas forums, people saying 750hp thats insane i would scared to drive that car unless the whole engine had being rebuilt spec with most m30's easily close to the 250k km mark

lolz

but all fun with turbos cant wait to i can finish doing mine once sort my shiz out