Sign in to follow this  
ashok540

Cuise control not working

Any one know why my cruise control suddenly stopped working? I use it quite regularly, set at 60kmh to make sure I dont overspeed, it was working fine and suddenly the cuise light went off on the dash. Now I cant get it to turn on at all!

Any one know why my cruise control suddenly stopped working? I use it quite regularly, set at 60kmh to make sure I dont overspeed, it was working fine and suddenly the cuise light went off on the dash. Now I cant get it to turn on at all!

It could be one of many faults causing that Ashok. Needs to be scanned and checked. Anything else not working, or do you have any other warning lights on at the moment ???

i have bits from a e38 740i if you want to try , might just be the button (you've worn it out)

It could be one of many faults causing that Ashok. Needs to be scanned and checked. Anything else not working, or do you have any other warning lights on at the moment ???

My a/c switching not switching on when car is started after a long time is the only other problem. I will give you a call tomorrow and bring my car over.

My a/c switching not switching on when car is started after a long time is the only other problem. I will give you a call tomorrow and bring my car over.

Scan and check faults=

(1) Brake light switch faulty causing cruise control not to work

(2) Voltage drop inside ignition switch causing intermittent fault in climate air control unit

Clear all fault codes, DME, ABS, EGS, Kombi (Combi). Road test and recheck

All done

Edited by botanymotorworx

ignition switches cause problems on e 39s...voltage drops.Didnt another 540 owner have similar probs recently(Huttey?)

ignition switches cause problems on e 39s...voltage drops.Didnt another 540 owner have similar probs recently(Huttey?)

Its quite a common fault

Scan and check faults=

(2) Voltage drop inside ignition switch causing intermittent fault in climate air control unit

Clear all fault codes, DME, ABS, EGS, Kombi Road test and recheck

All done

The proof of scanning - a must for modern vehicles

Imagine the guesswork & time involved in diagnosing without

Clear all fault codes, DME, ABS, EGS, Kombi Road test and recheck

What the hell is a Kombi road test?? I have visions of a Cheech & Chong road trip....

What the hell is a Kombi road test?? I have visions of a Cheech & Chong road trip....

Kombi (or Combi) = Instrument cluster

Scan and check faults=

Clear all fault codes, DME, ABS, EGS, Kombi (Combi). Road test and recheck

All done

Thanks Glenn, everything working fine including my earlier problem of A/C swithing off automatically! Guess that was also due to the voltage drop. Edited by ashok540

Kombi (or Combi) = Instrument cluster

Ahhhh - I see. Cheech & Chong road trip sounds like much more fun! :D