Sign in to follow this  
mak

1994 540 msport 6 speed

finally for sale is my 540 6 speed ok is up there in k's (190) but is very quick has Hartge exhaust sounds great and has been well maintained. E-mail me at

marck@paradise.net.nz if interested cheers

Post some pics if you can.

Are you sticking with the bimmers or moving on???

Guest Spargo

I bet that is fast as f*ck.

FYI buyers: good article on buying V8 E34's in last months TBMW mag.

I bet that is fast as f*ck.

FYI buyers: good article on buying V8 E34's in last months TBMW mag.

and the BMW Buyers Guide book.

Cheers

yes sticking with a good formula a 2000 540 Msport that I am currently trying to work out a new exhaust system for, any suggestions

yes sticking with a good formula a 2000 540 Msport that I am currently trying to work out a new exhaust system for, any suggestions

just do a custom exhaust, no point in getting an aftermarket exhaust system

Guest Spargo

just do a custom exhaust, no point in getting an aftermarket exhaust system

What the f**k?

A properly tuned and designed exhaust will be infinitely better than a custom. Tuned for best torque and power where its needed, no unneccesary droning or resonance.

I would go for a MST Weismann or a Schnitzer exhaust for the 4.4

Edited by CiLK WuRM

ill agree with sam....for a 540 you would idealling want something brand name...what exhaust it got on now? often the stock BMW exhausts are very hard to be improved upon..and they sound badass too

It's amazing just how much the entire exhaust system, from the manifold/extractors right through to the tips, has on engine performance. People have written books on this stuff, it's a bloody science I tell you and I know there's so many myths about what's good for a system such as bigger is better...ah no.

Tuned systems are infinately better but it's a cost to benefit ratio that you have to weigh up.

I'd go with Schnitzer or Hartge

Is it grey/charcoal colour?

I think i know the car, used to walk past it sometimes after school, and after seeing and hearing it, made E34s my fav bimmers :wub:

If its the car I'm thinking of that is.

how much do you want for the E34??

What the f**k?

A properly tuned and designed exhaust will be infinitely better than a custom. Tuned for best torque and power where its needed, no unneccesary droning or resonance.

oh well i fukd up big time there. maybe i should see what i can get in for aftermarket systems

Guest Spargo

What the f**k?

oh well i fukd up big time there. maybe i should see what i can get in for aftermarket systems
Na bro, for older cars, when there isn't much around, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You've got enough resonators, but are they in the right place along the system?

What the f**k?

Na bro, for older cars, when there isn't much around, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You've got enough resonators, but are they in the right place along the system?

im not sure, how should i measure that? i have them currently in the same spot as the original mufflers

Guest Andrew

What the f**k?

Its pretty easy to tune the exhaust system even on older cars - don't know about you guys but they just ran a bit of computer software on mine. Need to know cam durations etc etc.. 6 bangers always drone a little - even on stock exhaust (which is also tuned)

Its pretty easy to tune the exhaust system even on older cars

It's called a turbo charger, LOL, the more you have the quieter it is.

Guest Spargo

Glenn pwnage!

Actually, having a tuned length turbo system is a near impossibility, as barely anyone has room for 4 or so ft of exhaust, pre turbo! Afte the turbo, its simply a case of the biggest you can fit.

Guest Andrew

I'm working on getting that happening on my car don't worry hah - getting certed on friday.

I'm working on getting that happening on my car don't worry hah - getting certed on friday.
Certed? What do you need to certify? a rebuilt engine? or the seats?