Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Safe??? You must be joking

Had this attached to an email this morning. Manukau city.... the crime capital of New Zealand :wacko:

Safe Communities

Manukau City Council

Manukau City Council | Te Kaunihera o Manukau

Knowledge & Understanding | Achievement | Accountability

Maatauranga me te moohiotanga | Whaainga ki toona tutukitanga | Whakatau tika

Manukau City – judged best city in the world for heritage management; most liveable city in the world (silver award);

and awarded gold for Environmentally Sustainable Project - Flat Bush (International Awards for Liveable Communities 2007)

hahaha thats a joke..

most liveable city in the world... I can agree... They let anybody live there! :wacko:

I believe that the murder rate was actually higher than the road toll in Manukau at one stage...

It's a lot safer than Port Moresby. I'd still wander about Manukau on my own after dark.

It's a lot safer than Port Moresby. I'd still wander about Manukau on my own after dark.

Hmmm depends where in Manukau. I know a lot of people who've been 'jumped', and beaten up (with bats and bottles etc) and all their clothes/money/iPod/phone stolen.

Glad I don't live there.

You only have to ask any cop where the highest arrest rates are in the country - Counties Manukau....

There are areas that I just won't go in Manukau at night - one gun stuck in my face is enough for me. Interestingly, I never felt unsafe walking (stumbling) around London at night with 9 million people there, and yet some areas of Sth Auckland scare the living sh*t out of me.

Can't be true, check out NZDep index, majority of suburbs in counties manakau are really high in NZDep index (meaning they are most deprived socioeconomically), other statistics backing this up = high rates of infectious & non-infectious disease in counties Manakau (eg diabetes) which I have been unfortunate enough to have to do an essay on this a mere few hours ago... Oh the horrid memories!

And comparing NZ to PNG just doesn't make any sense! Obviously there are worse places to live, but that certainly doesn't mean counties Manakau is a good place to live.

(I personally haven't had any probs there, I regularly goto the uni campus in G.I. never had any probs with car being broken into etc, even tho a lot of my m8s have had their cars broken into there, I've actually left the windows down once in my old car and nothing was taken)

But the statistic do speak for themselves - Counties Manakau lags behind, say the North Shore, economically, infectious disease wise etc.

Edited by Avenged.SSE

G.I. isn't Manukau City or in the Counties Manukau police district.....

Try leaving your car with the windows down at Manukau Polytech (MIT now I think) or Manukau City Centre...

Since when was diabetes infectious?

+1

I go to MIT and have lived in Manurewa for 11 years. Only thing which has happened out south was when some idiot decided to smash one of my car windows while parked at MIT...he didn't even take anything out of the car or try to steal it.

I've had more problems in town than I have out south.

Manukau has its ups and downs. Sadly Manurewa seems to be more where its at (sorry Creaver). Do you goto Southmall much?

I live Papakura way, its pretty good here.

Edited by bmw3

Manukau has its ups and downs. Sadly Manurewa seems to be more where its at (sorry Creaver). Do you goto Southmall much?

I live Papakura way, its pretty good here.

Not if I can help it, I just drive to Manukau...what's 5min on the mway? I've heard some bad stuff happening out Papakura ways...I guess south auckland as a whole is getting a bad reputation.

Since when was diabetes infectious?

Sorry, absolute stupidity on my part! Diabetes is indeed a non-communicable disease! Me not thinking.

I had a few issues back when I lived in papakura, Had my car regularly broken into, Even when the face plate and radar was out. Also had my garage wall smashed in so they could get to my car in the garage and they basically stripped it and then keyed it from end to end. House broken into twice. Had 4 guys try to stand me over for my car. list goes on, Lived there for a long time but still pretty ruff there.

Have lived in town and only had issues once with some drunks trying to break into all the cars on my street.

Had had no issues when ive lived in eastern areas botany, howick and halfmoon.

south auckland has the largest police station in auckland, that alone tell us how "safe" it must be haha.

I've been jumped numerous times, knives etc, just by people living in South Auckland. I go to school in SA, and I hate it. The looks/insults/abuse I get from Otahuhu and De La Salle students driving past them in my car pisses me off no end. Daily these students will go up and down the carpark outside my school ripping wiper blades off, smashing windows and keying/coining car doors.

I've even been jumped walking along Remuera Road at night - just a random attack. A car load of polynesians looking to beat the sh*t out of a random person.

Even been locked in my E30's boot by the local Maori gang and told I was going to die. They tried to steal the car with me in it, but that's another story for bimmersport that I'm saving for a rainy day haha

I can't wait to go study down in Otago haha.

Jesus!!

I lived in Papatoetoe until I was 25 and never saw anything that bad. You must be a magnet...

G.I. isn't Manukau City or in the Counties Manukau police district.....

Try leaving your car with the windows down at Manukau Polytech (MIT now I think) or Manukau City Centre...

Try leaving your car windows up and you sitting in it quietly enjoying your lunch at a beach in Manukau, I waved goodbye as they drove away. It was a waste of a good lunch. Im surprised they didn't steal my lunch as well. Dumb Boof Heads

If it happens again I shall attempt to run them over on advice from the Sergeant at the Manurewa Police station. Apparently it would have been of benefit to the community if I had done so.

Seems I was lucky to be left standing on the side of the road and not locked in the boot like poor Tom T. E34 boots arnt too bad for traveling in though a lot more room than the E30's, they're almost bigger than some Apartment buildings. I must make preparations just in case and install a minibar, you never know how long you'll be in there for.

Edited by melowpuf

I have had no problems nor have I ever felt scared at any stage in any part of South Auckland.

There are good and bad sides of every town.

I have had no problems nor have I ever felt scared at any stage in any part of South Auckland.

Yes I agree entirely. I work in Parnell and would never think about moving in towards the city I still enjoy a back yard. I grew up in South Auckland and I still like it out here, I admit I have moved out of Manurewa slightly but i'm still in South Auckland, If you're sensible you shouldn't run into any problems. (arms the 6ft corrugated iron barbed wired electric perimeter fence with laser guided missile turrets). Heh No I just moved next to people with better toys than mine. Surely they'll get stolen before mine.

Theres less good parts in south auckland and more bad parts tho. Ive never felt at threat in south auckland either but if i had a choice between remuera or manurewa i know ild be outta south in 2 seconds.

I must make preparations just in case and install a minibar, you never know how long you'll be in there for.

LMAO! :lol::lol:

I've been jumped numerous times, knives etc, just by people living in South Auckland. I go to school in SA, and I hate it. The looks/insults/abuse I get from Otahuhu and De La Salle students driving past them in my car pisses me off no end. Daily these students will go up and down the carpark outside my school ripping wiper blades off, smashing windows and keying/coining car doors.

I've even been jumped walking along Remuera Road at night - just a random attack. A car load of polynesians looking to beat the sh*t out of a random person.

Even been locked in my E30's boot by the local Maori gang and told I was going to die. They tried to steal the car with me in it, but that's another story for bimmersport that I'm saving for a rainy day haha

I can't wait to go study down in Otago haha.

let me guess....kings? you have no one to blame but your self buddy! ha :lol:

i live in Conifer Grove in takanini, i have seen way more ruthless sh*t in town (where i spend 99% of my time) than i have out here, but i guess its just the crowds you mix with?

Lol Conifer grove.. used to live there a while back now.Its not too bad, very protected being only one entry. It did seem to be getting progressively worse over the years. One side of the bridge is anyway :D

Lol Conifer grove.. used to live there a while back now.Its not too bad, very protected being only one entry. It did seem to be getting progressively worse over the years. One side of the bridge is anyway :D

haha very true, my side is actually very nice :lol: