Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Safe??? You must be joking

I've lived in Sth Auck most of my life. When I was younger I lived in Manurewa... It was quite safe to walk around at night and in the day time. Now I dont think so, especially at night. We lived in Hill Park when we first got married and I now live in Papakura/Hunua. We have a small lifestyle block and the driveway is just on a kilometer long. Its nice and quiet ( no hoons driving past ) and the house being on a plateau overlooking the drive gives a a good advantage as far as safety is concerned and "lowriders" cant get up or down the drive in a hurry. The house is alarmed, every window and external door is deadlocked, I have safes and I've converted the onsuite into a safe area with its own phone and panic alarm system in the event of a home invasion. I'm also a licenced firearms holder.

Might sound like overkill, however I think its a sign of the times and the environment we now live in. Shame really.

One thing has happened to me at work though, 2 young thugs attacked me outside work as I was leaving for the day and tried to get my handbag ... I mean briefcase. I won..... But I ended up with a pretty badly bruised arm. This all happened at 5.00 oclock in broad daylight with heaps of people around that didnt even try to help me... they just watched, and it wasnt till the arseholes took off in their stolen car, did anyone approach me. All I got was... you were lucky....yeah right. Now I put my briefcase or other things into the car before I leave while I still have staff here. Then I leave with nuthing in my hands, and have a good look around before I lock up and leave.

MY OPINION IS : SOUTH AUCKLAND IS NOT AS SAFE AS THE POLITICIANS MAKE IT OUT TO BE

Edited by botanymotorworx

otagos shocking for burglary, especially in the north dunedin student areas and theres plenty of people more than happy to run over your cars roof at night. but theres not enough "dark skinned friends" to gang up and attack 1 or 2 people like they seem to enjoy.

i live out in howick, I have never had a problem out these ways since moving here 14 years ago. I have had more problems in and around town...

let me guess....kings? you have no one to blame but your self buddy! ha :lol:

i live in Conifer Grove in takanini, i have seen way more ruthless sh*t in town (where i spend 99% of my time) than i have out here, but i guess its just the crowds you mix with?

I'll never apologise for attending a private school :rolleyes:

I'll never apologise for attending a private school :rolleyes:

You're back!!

Where have you been anyway, this place hasn't been the same without you?

That easy? Hah!

Old login doesn't work for some reason. Make it happen. God, I even left apologies on Josh / Andy / Ollie phones!

I had the same issue. A new router solved it.

And yes, it was that easy - good to have you back big fella!!.

All you Aucklanders must go to bed at night grateful to have survived another 24 hrs in the war zone.

Now here in sunny Hawkes Bay we live in unadultered bliss reminiscent of Wisteria Lane,unmolested by slime balls & gangstas-well maybe if you live in a secure rest home or similar anyway. :o

I guess its the same eveywhere-its just a matter of degree.

Dammit, not more kings guys down here :P

And there's nothing wrong with a public school if you go to a decent one. At all.

Otago is fine if you account for the drunks. You know where they're going to be so don't park your car down castle street if you're worried (although we've had 3 cars parked down castle all year with nothing happen to them). That being said my flatmates car did get broken into in town..

The only car of I know being trashed was when a guy jumped on the roof of his flatmates car for no reason at all.

And come on rotty, out back of napier and flaxmere aren't that great. The amount of fights in havelock at night are stupid.. and nobody goes out to town in hastings at night for a reason. I guess on the scale it wouldn't nearly add up to south auckland though.

Spent a week in manukau this month. Was a bit worried about it but it was an unavoidable trip (missus having cancer surgery).

Not as bad as I thought it would be, compared to places in London I've seen.

That said I don't think I'd like to live there though. Give me wellington any day.