Sign in to follow this  
eef48

e46 323 brake roters

Just had my car serviced at 53000klms i was told the front roters only had a couple of 1000s wear left in them so I had them replaced.Is 50000ks and average life for front roters on an auto?The brakes arn't as big as the 328 etc but Im still amazed how good it pulls up when needed.I was looking at replacing with slotted roters but I don't know if you get that much of an improvement for the extra coin.My thinking is it would just wear your pads down quicker.

Around 60,000km for rotor replacement is normall, depending how hard you drive

Disc pads and new rotors

Next time : Disc pads and machine 25-30,000km

Next time: Disc pads and rotors another 25-30,000km

You normaly get 2 sets of fronts to 1 set of rears

5, 6, 7 and X series are another story though. For some drivers it's new pads & rotors every time, especially on X5's

Thanks for the info!I had a weak looking hose replaced that feeds the heater and now when I pull out of the drive in the morning theres anti freeze on the floor and the low liqiud light comes on? Its not the new hose so it might be comming out a breather pipe somewhere?Maybe there is air in the system when they refulled the system?

Thanks for the info!I had a weak looking hose replaced that feeds the heater and now when I pull out of the drive in the morning theres anti freeze on the floor and the low liqiud light comes on? Its not the new hose so it might be comming out a breather pipe somewhere?Maybe there is air in the system when they refulled the system?

Dont drive it till you either have a good look at it yourself or ring them and tell them what has happened. It might be the expansion tank or another hose.