Sign in to follow this  
normsmith

OT: FPV

Hi,

This is a bit off topic but I am struggling to find the top speed of the 2008 FPV. The only result I've got via google is 250 km/h electronically limited. Well that's no good to me cos I want to know what that sucker can achieve if it wasn't electronically limited.

Of course I wouldn't be caught dead in an FPV. Why? Cos it's a Ford and not a Bimmer ... oh and it's butt ugly! :-)

Cheers

Norm

i work at a ford dealership. are we talking the fpv gt or the gtp.? no one has disclosed a top speed because no one has had to remove the limiter yet. but i would imagine it would be good for 280 to 300k. it would also vary depending which gearbox you have

They are limited because of the tire safety “speed†ratings, I doubt you would see 300KPH in one though, there is a big difference between 250KPH and 300KPH!

Are we talking the New Falcon?

They are limited because of the tire safety “speed†ratings, I doubt you would see 300KPH in one though, there is a big difference between 250KPH and 300KPH!

yea I reckon 300kph is too much, i'd be expecting around 270-280.

have a look at some old motoring magazines maybe, might be a press release about unlimited top speed

Are there any good ford forums around?

Just talk about how good looking you think your cousin is and I'm sure they'll help you...

Just kidding :D

Haha, best ever. 10 points.

It’s just not aerodynamic enough, power to weight id compare it to the greater aerodynamic 281kW Lotus Carlton’s top speed of 280kph.

You can have as much power as you want but when you get to speeds above 250KPH the wall you are busting threw becomes a lot harder.

Take one for a test drive and call into APS in Papakura and have them remove the speed limiter then head to Ardmore air field.. Im sure we could find out.

Are we talking the New Falcon?

Hey Apex, change the lights on your avatar to a red colour and it will look like The Terminator's head!

HAHA!! Lotus Carlton - Drift sleeper in Forza 2. :)

It’s just not aerodynamic enough, power to weight id compare it to the greater aerodynamic 281kW Lotus Carlton’s top speed of 280kph.

You can have as much power as you want but when you get to speeds above 250KPH the wall you are busting threw becomes a lot harder.

Take one for a test drive and call into APS in Papakura and have them remove the speed limiter then head to Ardmore air field.. Im sure we could find out.

The new F6 FPV is rated at 310kw and should be at least as aerodynamic as a 16 year old Vauxhall with a body kit Even if it was a cool Vauxhall. It (the FPV) should be quicker.

I don’t know, power to weight they would be a near match but the Carlton was very slippery and had a very low ratio gear box.

Would be a cool race though.

Throw in the new M5 bruising HSV W427 now that would defiantly do 300KPH.

I used to have a BA XR6 Failcon - was a good car to look at but at only 30km mine had a world of issues to name a few, brakes, power steering e.t.c. e.t.c....

I used to frequent http://www.fordforums.com.au/ to ask my questions on their forums.

I don’t know, power to weight they would be a near match but the Carlton was very slippery and had a very low ratio gear box.

Power to weight only affects acceleration, not top speed doesn't it?

That new Falcon is horrendous

Um, you need to accelerate to get to a top speed don’t you?? I could put my 2E 1.3 engine in my 1300kg E30 and I bet it wouldn’t go as fast top end as it does in the 800kg Corolla.

Its a bit of both. Theoretically top speed shouldn't have bugger all to do with weight. But if your cars heavy its going to take a lot longer to reach those speeds and you'll run out of road pretty quickly.

Um, you need to accelerate to get to a top speed don’t you?? I could put my 2E 1.3 engine in my 1300kg E30 and I bet it wouldn’t go as fast top end as it does in the 800kg Corolla.

if every thing else was the same you would get to the same top speed but it would take longer..in the end it is drag that limits top speed(assuming the runway is long enough)