Sign in to follow this  
scotty

M3 headers and intake manifold

I have just been having a look around the web for some upgrades for my 323i which i will be getting shortly. I have come across some factory M3 headers and an S50 intake manifold (OBDI - which seems to be alot bigger than the OBDII ones)

Not entirely sure on what price I could get them for but im thinking about 400 for both.

Does that look like a worth while upgrade? Any idea what sort of gains I could expect with that?

Thanks.

I have just been having a look around the web for some upgrades for my 323i which i will be getting shortly. I have come across some factory M3 headers and an S50 intake manifold (OBDI - which seems to be alot bigger than the OBDII ones)

Not entirely sure on what price I could get them for but im thinking about 400 for both.

Does that look like a worth while upgrade? Any idea what sort of gains I could expect with that?

Thanks.

Proper M3 headers and individual throttle bodies for $400? Buy it and worry about whether it will do much later. That's an awesome price.

Proper M3 headers and individual throttle bodies for $400? Buy it and worry about whether it will do much later. That's an awesome price.

I don't think it has the individual throttle bodies. Pic of the intake manifold :

post-3363-1220250638_thumb.jpg

thats an m50 manifold ;) . you have obviously been reading US forums? euro M3 engines are VERY different to the US engines. ( both S50's)

Edited by 328imobbin

thats an m50 manifold ;) . you have obviously been reading US forums? euro M3 engines are VERY different to the US engines. ( both S50's)

Ahh okay. Thanks for that... would the us m3 headers fit the euro 323i?

Ahh okay. Thanks for that... would the us m3 headers fit the euro 323i?

The US S50 uses the same manifolds as any other M50, so I wouldn't go out of your way to get them, seeing as they are easily available over here. Can't comment on how they'll affect performance.

The US S50 uses the same manifolds as any other M50, so I wouldn't go out of your way to get them, seeing as they are easily available over here. Can't comment on how they'll affect performance.

Ahh okay. in that case does anyone have a set of euro m3 headers? or does anyone have any suggestions for header upgrades for the 323i?

Thanks Pedals, have spoken to Scotty, he is up to speed with headers options.

Hi

I just Bought myself a 1997 323i coupe today and saw this post for more power gain. Would you mind letting me know what sort of gains you get from the M3 Headers and Full exhaust also what sorta coin am i expecting to fork out for them. Im not keen on doing any major upgrades but want a little more power and maybe a bit more of a nice growling sound :P

Its already got the angel eye HID headlights and the clear tail lights which look pretty good and some nice BMW rims.

thanks all

Welcome

Look up what 3pedals has posted in the performance section. He has said plenty of times about the gains he got from using m3 headers and exhaust

Wayney is getting some m3 replica headers made. Might want to send him a PM

Genuine m3 exhausts very rarely pop up

Edited by bbs

I have a set of US M3 exhaust manifolds on my 328

The US M3 exhaust manifolds are identical to South African 328 manifolds [ I had both ] They are a simple 2 x 3 into 1 system.

The US M3 and the SA 328 are totally different animals yet they have the same exhaust manifolds which either says the manifolds are pretty good standard or exhausts manifolds are not that critical [ with cats and mufflers ]

Unless you get them cheap or free [ like me ] don't waste your time get a good aftermarket set

The US m3 headers are completely different to the euro m3 headers

Euro headers you want

post-3289-1288307174.jpg

Does your SA 328 have oxygen sensors after the cat?

Edited by bbs