Sign in to follow this  
misgvous_1

bmw credit card

ahhh masty session...

really whats the point?

"wheres my bmw key ring, and bmw jacket, and bmw pants, and bmw aftershave, and bmw shoes, and bmw house, better close my garage with my bmw garage door opener, hmm now whilst driving the bmw highway, i might like to visit Ye ol township of bmw, to go see my prostitute bmw and get a "happy bmw ending" from a bmw handjob."

its all down hill from here lads :P

Guest Spargo

Visa is ghey, Platimum Amex is where it's at bitches. (i'd say Amex black, but no one in NZ has one...)

ok, I think thats taking things a little too far... sure they are great cars, but I think the amount of merchandise that can be obtained gives the owners that "wank factor"...

Im afraid I agree with Damo on this one... There is too much wanky sh*t that BMW owners seem 2 insist upon getting.... just too wanky and "look at me" for my tastes a...

(i'd say Amex black, but no one in NZ has one...)

I almost got a Bank Direct credit card just cos it was black.

But AMEX still sux ass, high commission costs mean a lot of vendors don't accept it. Gimme a decent VISA or MC anyday.

Its relationship marketing. Its using the brand. Its a great idea.

If people spend their whole lives seeing the brand around them, theyll keep buying it.

In fact, flashing your bmw credit card would make OTHERS aware of the brand, and reinforce the association between BMW's and Wealth.

Think outside the square.

Guest Spargo

I almost got a Bank Direct credit card just cos it was black.

But AMEX still sux ass, high commission costs mean a lot of vendors don't accept it. Gimme a decent VISA or MC anyday.

Yea, i actually agree with you, using Visa for overseas trips is a musy. When I went to Europe, i'd say only 10% of places accepted Amex.

Good reason (excuse?) to have one of each!

In fact, flashing your bmw credit card would make OTHERS aware of the brand, and reinforce the association between BMW's and Wealth.

Or it could have quite the opposite effect - people could see you flashing your BMW credit card in your BMW wallet and think "look at that yuppy/tosser in his BMW jacket flashing a BMW wallet and credit card..."

The car - definitly, a key ring? sure, why not, but personally i feel getting everything with a BMW logo on it is just going too far - you know, you see people who will only wear clothes with a popular brand label and nothing else - it gets humourous... and I feel that getting all the BMW gear is going in that direction... I bought my car because I fell in love with it, not because of the image or the (false) perception of wealth...

Edited by Napier_E36

But lets not ignore that a product is comprised of not just its physical features but also other things ir provides.

BMW is one of the largest providers of non physical product thanks to its brand.. (look at all the people that get the car purely for the non physical product..)

But lets not ignore that a product is comprised of not just its physical features but also other things ir provides.

BMW is one of the largest providers of non physical product thanks to its brand.. (look at all the people that get the car purely for the non physical product..)

such as? I bought my car for the car... what non physical features does it have? I wasnt aware of any...

but also other things ir provides.

like what? penis enlargement? self satisfaction for wankers?

Self satisfaction is one yes ..... some poeple work there asses off to get some where in the society and they didn't used to be able to afford much but after getting some where in society they buy themselves a BMW because they have always wanted one and finally the day they can actually afford it and keep it because they have earnt it from sweat and blood will feel a great sense of self satisfaction !

Self satisfaction is one yes ..... some poeple work there asses off to get some where in the society and they didn't used to be able to afford much but after getting some where in society they buy themselves a BMW because they have always wanted one and finally the day they can actually afford it and keep it because they have earnt it from sweat and blood will feel a great sense of self satisfaction !

so why do they feel the need to get that from showing like freakin peacocks all the bmw sh*t that they have.

i mean, is that intrinsic? no.

they are fishing for the people around them to give them that. = extrinsic, or otherwise known as "wanker"

I'm not talking about all the other bmw stuff i'm just talking about the car itself ..

My parent's worked their asses of to get to the point they are right now, they do not have other bmw products except two BMW cars. Dad's car only goes out like 1 a or week or once every second week.

They did not purchase the car to intend to show off, otherwise they'd go cruisin into town everyday, and buy all the rest of the bmw apparel.

If you saw what they wore all the time you would think they are poor as, because they don't like to show off!

They bought it because they have always admired bmw cars for their safety, comfort and other features, and they intends to keep this car for their retirement.

They felt the sense of self satisfaction when they purchased that car, because they earnt the money themselves, they used to work 15 hour days, and some times they still work till midnights now. These are the people that i look up too..

They look heavily on family first now, they were so busy working that it felt like the forgot about us two kids, sometimes it was just my brother looking after me. I cannot forget those days... :(

You can call that the wank factor if you feel the need. <_<

Edited by aliluya

so why do they feel the need to get that from showing like freakin peacocks all the bmw sh*t that they have.

i mean, is that intrinsic? no.

they are fishing for the people around them to give them that. = extrinsic, or otherwise known as "wanker"

You're way off track sic, near out of line with that comment, you're a moderator you should lead by example <_<

I agree with you Aliluya, it's the people driving around in the cars all the time that are trying to show off, you don't see bmw owners doing that now do you sic...ah, no.

You can't look at my car and say it's wanky, it's far from it. I bought my car because it's a solid car with a straight 6 that'll still be charging around alot longer than most japas will be able to.

Ricer = wanky

Stupid topic.

We've all heard this arguement before, pointless and a waste of time.

Thread locked.