Sign in to follow this  
Jeddy

What are these?

Tonight i was removing the cover under the steering column to check the ecu numbers when this fell down(silver box thing) which i have no idea what it is. There's nothing written on it either. Could someone clue me up?

Also those things that look like xmas lights what are they(sorry about the poor quality)?

Final thing, there were no numbers printed on the ecu, how do i find out what model/sort it is?

post-2334-1220530777_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1220530811_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1220530855_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1220530913_thumb.jpg

The box that fell down looks like an amplifier that someone has added. it has a Front, L&R and rear L&R audio connections. It is not original BMW equipment.

The lights are likely to be the illumination for the heater controls or clock or OBC or dash - have a look and see what is not illuminating at night.

The lights are illumination for the headlight angle adjustment control (which may or may not be present on your car as it may have been removed - commonly faulty).

I too think the silver box is an amp.

Finally - ecu model - what sort of e30 is it? Not many different ecus out there.

Thanks guys, this is from the iS(1990). On the ECU it just has the VIN number.

Hello, my ecu has a MOTRONIC label across the top which you need to undo the bracket to get out. My 1986 325i has this, is that not two years before it was meant to, according to wiki? Cheers

Adam

My is has the same amplifier, but it should be fixed in position and not hanging down :)