Sign in to follow this  
Guest 535E28

FS: E28 535iA 1987

Guest 535E28

Considering selling my E28, as it just isn't getting the use it deserves... it is also listed on TM

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=175356297

- 1987 535iA NZ New

- Silver/Grey

- 239,000 kms

- Auto

- Full Leather

- Air Conditioning (regassed)

- Power seats / windows / mirrors / sunroof .. all working fine

- Alarm / Central Locking

- Alpine Single CD/MP3 Player

- Personalised Plates

- Later Model Alloys with near new rubber.

- Detailed Service History

$6900 ono

Car used to be in Wgtn, but i've since moved to the Hawkes Bay

Cheers :)

post-782-1220829801_thumb.jpg

very nice mint condition ride mate - but i'm afraid you wont have any bites here - not at that price anyway.

good luck with the sale :)

Guest 535E28

cheers... i would actually be interested to hear what people think one of these is currently worth, as i haven't actually seen too many for sale with these appointments, and in this condition.... if its sod all, i'll be keeping it. B)

If it was mine, I'd keep it, but I am a little biased. Not much chance of getting what you want I'd think at the moment, I got my M535i for $3500.

My guess at market price for a sure sale would be around $2000 to $2500, but you may get lucky and get a bit more if the right buyer was around, maybe up to $3500.

Edited by Silver Fox

cheers... i would actually be interested to hear what people think one of these is currently worth, as i haven't actually seen too many for sale with these appointments, and in this condition.... if its sod all, i'll be keeping it. B)

Sadly it might be sod all (no offence intended). A bloke (interestingly enough in Napier) tried to sell an M535i in white, 5spd manual, etc in what seemed to be very good condition and with moderate km for something like 3-4 months on Trademe at prices steadily dropping from $7.5 - 7 - 6 - 6.5 - 6k. I can't remember exactly what it was advertised for when it finally stopped being advertised (I have no idea if it sold).

You car looks very nice, but auto and non-M will mean its worth a bit less again. Would be a great cruiser. There are a couple of guys with several E28s so maybe they can give you a better view on value.

You should stick it up on Trade Me with a decent price though - you never know you might find someone who loves it, and there is not much to lose if your "keep" price end up being more than you can sell it for.

(edit - beaten to it)

Edited by CamB

A bloke (interestingly enough in Napier) tried to sell an M535i in white, 5spd manual, etc in what seemed to be very good condition and with moderate km for something like 3-4 months on Trademe at prices steadily dropping from $7.5 - 7 - 6 - 6.5 - 6k. I can't remember exactly what it was advertised for when it finally stopped being advertised (I have no idea if it sold).

I was watching that one for sometime. It wasnt too bad, needed some TLC in places but show me a car at this age that doesnt. It was on TM for well over 6 months and eventually got pulled at 6k.

There has also been another m535 in Wellington thats completely in pieces. Thats been available for almost 10 months now and gone down from 7.5k to being offered for 3k last week. Dont know if it sold but it was falling apart with nothing inside other than a drivers seat a steering wheel and the top half of the dash.

It wasnt a genuine m535 but had been converted to manual. It had the body kit etc, but it hasnt been driven in 12 months and just didnt look worth the trouble of putting it all back together again at all.

Sadly these great cruisers dont appear to be worth much at all.

I was watching that one for sometime. It wasnt too bad, needed some TLC in places but show me a car at this age that doesnt. It was on TM for well over 6 months and eventually got pulled at 6k.

There has also been another m535 in Wellington thats completely in pieces. Thats been available for almost 10 months now and gone down from 7.5k to being offered for 3k last week. Dont know if it sold but it was falling apart with nothing inside other than a drivers seat a steering wheel and the top half of the dash.

It wasnt a genuine m535 but had been converted to manual. It had the body kit etc, but it hasnt been driven in 12 months and just didnt look worth the trouble of putting it all back together again at all.

Sadly these great cruisers dont appear to be worth much at all.

Look again - I think you'll find that's $1 reserve:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=175284641

a freind of mine sold genuine example like yours recently but had tied paint avg wheels etc etc around $3k .

but a good one like yours $4-5k M535i seam to fetch a bit higher for tidy ones .

but you never know you might just find the right buyer who likes it .

Blimey, to think I offered him 4500 when it first came on the market and he laughed at me !

Ive got LOTS of photos of it if anyone is serious about the car. Send me a pm