Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

what do you guys think of BOGE gas turbo shocks

i just bid on and won a set of 4 shocks ,i have alowered suspension set up ,not sure of brand of springs ,its on my HARTGE 1988 E34 535i car .my mecanic tells me my shocks are all worn ,

has anyone used these Before with lowered springs .

was looking at getting the bilsteins ,but that was going to cost me about $1200nzd plus $200 to fit .

got these BOGE ones for $495nzd .

here is a copy of the ADD .

Brand New Item

One set of four shocks for a BMW 5 series E34. Set consists of two BOGE Turbo Gas front strut inserts and two BOGE Turbo Gas rear shock absorbers. These are approx 30% uprated over the standard issue gas shocks from the factory and most likely equivalent to the factory sport suspension (not M-Tek) OE shocks. Retail value of over $1000 here, save some money on the best quality German shocks avaiable for your car! Turbo Gas shocks are 4 bar gas pressure with progressive valving so they give you a good ride around town and tighten up as speed increases.

This set will fit the following 5 series;

518i with factory sport susp up to 7/90

520i with factory sport susp up to 7/90

525i up to 7/90

530i up to 7/90

535i up to 7/90

BONUS : choose to bid with Buy Now and you will receive free freight within NZ plus a front strut service kit which includes new bump stops and gaiters - over $100 value there alone!

Please visit my other auctions , thanks!

"SACHS BOGE Turbo Gas Shocks and Struts

The secret to the Turbo Gas is the twin tube, low pressure gas design combined with Sachs Boge's exclusive infinitely variable valve system to insure the perfect balance between comfort and secure road holding. The induction hardened, chrome plated piston rod, ground and super-finished to exact roundness with a surface tolerance of only 5/100,000 mm, insures a smooth even movement. Engineered like no other, the Turbo Gas is specifically designed for each application. Limited lifetime warranty."

i hear they are very floaty, but it all depends on what you want.

koni or bilsteins for me :D

Guest Spargo

Standard equiptment on E30 M325i's and E30 M3's... Can't be too bad!

Guest Andrew

doesn't mtech suspension come with Bilstein.. valved slightly different to the Bilstein sport you buy today?

The m3 got boge didn't it?

Guest Spargo

doesn't mtech suspension come with Bilstein.. valved slightly different to the Bilstein sport you buy today?

The m3 got boge didn't it?

UK Spec Sports got Boge... You might be confused as the Boge dampers are yellow too. Why would BMW use 2 different suspension makers?

They do, if I look up my car on the EPC (ETK), I get two damper choices, Bilstein or Boge (and two front strut sizes)...bloody confusing.

Also, it lists the mtech suspension as having Bilstein dampers.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

They do, if I look up my car on the EPC (ETK), I get two damper choices, Bilstein or Boge (and two front strut sizes)...bloody confusing.

Also, it lists the mtech suspension as having Bilstein dampers.

Cheers

Heh, i'm sure after 15-18 years, they all handle the same!

thanks guys ,you told me heaps ,just what i needed to know .

lets just hope they are better than my million mile , munroe rear shocks (just starting to leak) and my unknown brand in the front (maybe boge) they have run out of travel .will be fitted next monday ,just in time for pukekohe track day .

also had new tyres fitted today (ouch!!!!!)

thanks guys ,you told me heaps ,just what i needed to know .

lets just hope they are better than my million mile , munroe rear shocks (just starting to leak) and my unknown brand in the front (maybe boge) they have run out of travel .will be fitted next monday ,just in time for pukekohe track day .

also had new tyres fitted today (ouch!!!!!)

it will feel just like a new car, i cant stress enough the importance of a good set of springs and shocks and some stabilizer bars to make the cars response infinitly better :bowdown:

hmm...i cant wait for a lack of bounciness....

I got Boge Turbo's in the back, amazing differnce from the 17 year old ones. I haven't experinced koni or bilstein but I'm real happy with them. That retail sounds about right. I can possibly get people a discount on them if anyone is interested. I can also get discounts on whiteline stuff. To give you an idea, I got 20mm lower springs for my mates E30 for $350. PM if interested.

Guest Andrew

I got Boge Turbo's in the back, amazing differnce from the 17 year old ones. I haven't experinced koni or bilstein but I'm real happy with them. That retail sounds about right. I can possibly get people a discount on them if anyone is interested. I can also get discounts on whiteline stuff. To give you an idea, I got 20mm lower springs for my mates E30 for $350. PM if interested.

thats kind of pricey for springs considering James 40mm prog springs are only like $320 and they are good springs.

Dam, that is cheap, I hadn't even heard of jamex tho before this site. beside I don't know who sells them down here. Everywhere seems to kings or lovells and want atleast $400

Guest Andrew

Dam, that is cheap, I hadn't even heard of jamex tho before this site. beside I don't know who sells them down here. Everywhere seems to kings or lovells and want atleast $400

I don't like the king springs.. very soft.

Jamex are TUV (german saftey standard) approved etc etc.