Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Fuel Problem PLEASE HELP

Hi Guys

as you know ive being doing on engine conversion from a e32 M30B35 into my e28, i have manged to wire the ecu into the e28 loom and now i have a few problems

1. no Fuel is getting to the fuel rail even tho there is fuel going to the pressure regulator.

2. the fuel pump relay has stoped working, worked when first wired up, plugs getting power but switch not going have tried another relay so geuss ECU.

Have tried other pressure regulator no fuel came out at all, but had to jump jumper 30 -87 on relay to bypass and get fuel to pum, turned over engine nothing

fuel injectors fine, only thing i guess is ecu any ideas of ways of testing, could no vaccum cause this

Cheers

any question as spent all w.e checking wiring etc no luck

1. no Fuel is getting to the fuel rail even tho there is fuel going to the pressure regulator.

I am not sure this is actually possible.

I suggest you put a fuel pressure gauge on it and find out if you have pressure (rather than just flow).

Edited by CamB

Yea im going to see if i can get one this week, still doesnt explain why the fuel pump relay stoped working on me

all i can think is a ecu fault code stoping it,

yea but if it had pressure on the old engine it shouldnt have being stuffed

(1) Youve got the hoses around the wrong way...pressure goes into the rail and the regulator maintains constant pressure in the rail and returns excess fuel to the tank.

(2) Best get a sparky to check that out. You may not be getting a signal for the relay. Is it 4/5 pin or tachometric ??

Thanks Glen thatl be the fuel one solved, cause i had changed them arround cause it hadnt started when i turned it over

ill swap them back round, yea looked at it and it all seems fine except for it not working, and it is a 5 pin relay and the rest of the things are working on it

CHeers

kym

Also anyone got a trick for getting rustted rotors off once the screw starts stiping or just drill it out and put a new screw in it

You could temporarily keep pin 30 & 87 bridged to get everything else sorted and deal with that problem later. If you cant figure out the wiring fault yourself. Just remember to unplug it when you stop the engine and never drive on the roads like that.

Edited by *Glenn*

You could temporarily keep pin 30 & 87 bridged to get everything else sorted and deal with that problem later. If you cant figure out the wiring fault yourself. Just remember to unplug it when you stop the engine and never drive on the roads like that.

Could you bypass the relay by placing a switch in the cabin for the 30/87 bridge?

Could you bypass the relay by placing a switch in the cabin for the 30/87 bridge?

You could...but not advisable. If you have an accident the fuel pump doesnt stop which could be disasterous

You could...but not advisable. If you have an accident the fuel pump doesnt stop which could be disasterous

Dedicated race car, wired thru the kill switch?