jordyboy2

e46 kailas 2 din indash complete performance

so ive got this pink/purple aftermarket piece of crap that came with my car

i wana replace with whatever was in it before which was (im guessing) the

kailas 2 din indash

complete performance

well thats what it says on the plastic moulding around the aftermarket unit

i tried googleing (lol that a word?) it and came up with nada

any gurus know what it is and where i can get one?

post-3372-1221551200_thumb.jpg

post-3372-1221551275_thumb.jpg

those are just mounting brackets, i was trying to find the original unit but thanks anyway jochen

Your dash should look like this:

Posted Image

It looks as if your climate control unit has been moved into the cubbyhole/sunglass holder above the ASC button to make room for that hideous head unit. The "Kailas" thing is simply the trim/bracket that surrounds the aftermarket unit. To get the car back to stock you'll need to find an OEM stereo and relocate the climate control to its original position. Or, find a better looking double DIN headunit to fill the gap.

yeah im just going to find a replacement for the hidieous pink thing when i have the cash of course

Here is mine finished with 16:9 OEM NZ nav. (the other 'what its spose to look like')

Posted Image

that ones a beaut hybrid, still mines gonna have to wait till i get the aircon fixed anyway, and ill probably get new rims first aswell xD

When you pull that Kenwood thing out, expect there to be some cutting of the airbox behind it. What's the problem with your a/c, maybe this has something to do with it.

I'd replace it with something decent. The factory headunit is a piece of junk (opens can of worms). Have a look at Panasonic, they tend to be a bit cheaper than the other big brands and have some good features.

The factory head unit with a bit of work can be made to run aftermarket speakers and amp. In my years of e46 modding I still have not seen a good aftermarket headunit install.

Unfortunitly youll probably be looking at getting the factory wireing harness put back together as who ever did the previous install has probably hacked it to run after market speakers which most likely run at 4ohms. Factory runs at 8ohm.

The factory system talks properly on your IBUS to things like Multi

Functional steering and in the case of the Nav units a whole bunch of other great options like bluetooth, video and voice operated commands.

If you want, give me a PM as I have an NZ frequency Business 'world' head unit and relocation kit for your Aircon controls availible. Also have the CD stacker (minus the CD wiring harness and mounting brackets (easy / cheap enough to buy new from BMW) )

that ones a beaut hybrid, still mines gonna have to wait till i get the aircon fixed anyway, and ill probably get new rims first aswell xD

Whats wrong wit your rims on your car now? I think they look mint. (according to your signiture pic). Let me know if u sell em ;)

BTW i got my aftermarket headunit installed in my 46 by Sound Around out west. They did a very nice job with the aftermarket surounder etc. Wish i could take a pic for u but lost my digi cam :(