Sign in to follow this  
mrad01

BMW 335i aFe intakes...

Just finished installing my aFe intake into my 335i...here are a couple of quick snaps for those who are interested...

Sounds AWESOME too....one per turbo...sweet...

Just need to do some WOT runs to get the computer to adapt and it should be all good to go.

Marcus

post-2746-1221553828_thumb.jpg

post-2746-1221553837_thumb.jpg

post-2746-1221553843_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrad01

Your car is so much cooler than m3's, turbo power = the win. Does it have an lsd?

Edited by Tomo

Awesome, the blue compliments the sticker and badge very nicely.

Your car is so much cooler than m3's, turbo power = the win. Does it have an lsd?

Thanks! (I looked at the M3 - I'm just not really a V8 kinda guy...)

No LSD, but that is OK - I have priced up a Quaife LSD, but don't really have a major traction problem. I'm sure I would need it if I went out on the track...

Nice one, that must sound amazing!! Any change in throttle response and is it affected by the dreaded heat soak at all?

Was looking at the afe intake for the 545i a few weeks back, I unfortunately don’t have a credit card so I couldn’t purchase it online.

Don’t suppose you got it local?

RE the Quafe, I have seen a video of the 335i with one fitted and it looked like a lot of fun!! Would love one myself but am struggling to build up the courage to spend the 2k, would transform the car though and would be the #1 mod for me.

Do you have any higher res pics?

Thats so tuff!!

Got any recordings of engine with new intakes?

Nice one, that must sound amazing!! Any change in throttle response and is it affected by the dreaded heat soak at all?

Was looking at the afe intake for the 545i a few weeks back, I unfortunately don’t have a credit card so I couldn’t purchase it online.

Don’t suppose you got it local?

RE the Quafe, I have seen a video of the 335i with one fitted and it looked like a lot of fun!! Would love one myself but am struggling to build up the courage to spend the 2k, would transform the car though and would be the #1 mod for me.

I bought it in from the US - wasn't to bad, about $700 (modbargins). The computer takes a while to adapt - so I will have to get out and do some kms...The stock airbox wasn't great for heat anyway - and it passes through the airbox on its way down to the intercooler...

When I spoke with the LSD people, they said that on the street you would have to be REALLY pushing it hard to get the LSD advantage - the track is where they recommend their product. I must say that my RX8 was fun on roundabouts with the LSD...

:huh:

When I spoke with the LSD people, they said that on the street you would have to be REALLY pushing it hard to get the LSD advantage - the track is where they recommend their product. I must say that my RX8 was fun on roundabouts with the LSD...

so many .. and I do mean so many times I have nearly bought an LSD for mine but then I think of three things.

1) my rear tires cost about 1200 to replace.

2) I can put my funds into the race car (which does have an LSD).

3) I _would_ get arrested.

nice intake

Love the look of the intake, would love to here it more tho!!