Sign in to follow this  

How similar are E92 & E90

Are the bonnet and front guards of an E92 2 door and an E90 4 door the same or interchangeable?.

It's an odd question I'm passing on from a friend in Japan - I have no idea what he's up to.

I highly doubt it.

Headlights are different, Kidney grilles are different. The top of the headlights and the grilles are curved into the shape of the bonnet. The guards, i don't know.

But remember the bonnet of the coupe is probably longer than the sedan anyway.

If you think of a coupe as merely a sedan with two less doors, you need to change your thinking as it applies to BMW. The coupe is nearly two inches longer, more than an inch trimmer and has a roofline that is more than two inches lower than the sedan's. In fact, the only exterior component the coupe shares with the 3 Series sedan is door handles

Are the bonnet and front guards of an E92 2 door and an E90 4 door the same or interchangeable?.

It's an odd question I'm passing on from a friend in Japan - I have no idea what he's up to.

Not at all. I have a e92 and my mate has a e90 - and side by side, there isn't a panel that you could swap between them.

Completely different cars.

3 series coupes have totally different bonnets to sedans. Its actually quite a major task to make a sedan take coupe panels .. or vice versa. Has been ever since e46 days.

Thanks All. The answer was basically what I was expecting. I'll let my mate know that what ever his plan was, it won't work