Sign in to follow this  
tibbs.james

BIMMERSPORT on my 40" Sony Bravia

Aha well i relocated back to my parents house and they already have the exact same TV

So now mine has become a Massive computer monitor.

With the DVI to HDMI cable plugged into laptop/TV it works great !

post-1885-1221891970_thumb.jpg

The Red e34 is currently in the Showroom forum - Dam i love that car!

Awesome. I've just built a Home Theatre PC to hook up to my 32" Samsung. Unfortunately the motherboard is faulty so I can't use the HDMI output. Soon I will have Bimmersport on my big screen.... soon my precious.... :D

Cool, I really need to build a desktop PC.

Hopefully you get that motherboard worked out, a had 3 duds in a row on my old desktop computer.

Why can't you use the DVI output on your computer ? DVI is digital and the exact same thing as HDMI only thing you need is the DVI>HDMI cable

A laptop has been fantastic while studying at poly tech and all but now i need something faster and as i don't need to have a computer with me all the time it would be a good idea.

not to mention my laptop has a motherboard fault which only lets me have 3gb ram out of my 4gb installed. Don't worry I'm currently having a battle with acer as they had advertised it as being 4gb ready !

Cool, I really need to build a desktop PC.

Hopefully you get that motherboard worked out, a had 3 duds in a row on my old desktop computer.

Why can't you use the DVI output on your computer ? DVI is digital and the exact same thing as HDMI only thing you need is the DVI>HDMI cable

A laptop has been fantastic while studying at poly tech and all but now i need something faster and as i don't need to have a computer with me all the time it would be a good idea.

not to mention my laptop has a motherboard fault which only lets me have 3gb ram out of my 4gb installed. Don't worry I'm currently having a battle with acer as they had advertised it as being 4gb ready !

If you're running a 32bit OS it will only ever show 3.25GB cause thats the most they can handle.

If you're running a 32bit OS it will only ever show 3.25GB cause thats the most they can handle.

That's true.

Yep Vista 64 Ultimate.....thats why i have a duel boot with win xp so i can run apps that won't run on 64bit like Autodesk Inventor

Yeah I'm running 64bit Vista. Can run the DVI>HDMI but would rather the HDMI worked cos that's what I paid for! :)