Sign in to follow this  
silvermace

best place for puncture repair job [Auckland]

I was thinking of Firestone, near my place (Manukau City) easy access, well known etc. I have FK452's (275/30R19) got a nail embedded cleanly in the left-rear (haven't been driving on it, but hasn't noticeably lost any tyre pressure for a week or so now - been garaged)

anyone want to take a rough guess @ costing?

Any old tyre shop?

Remember getting one done at discount tyres for like $20

Yeah, shouldn't cost more that $20 or $30. I would suggest using a tyre shop you know & trust. You could try Tyrepower in Harris Rd - always had good service and prices there.

EDIT: It may be easier if they are a dealer for that particular tyre - if they can't fix it at least they can replace it like for like without hassles getting another. It may even be covered by a road hazard warranty if they are a dealer & the tyre is near new (not sure exactly how this works though)....

Edited by elmarco

I got a puncture repaired before at Firestone for $19 IIRC. Sometimes they say it's not repairable though. Probably worth mentioning that the tyre wasn't low profile like yours, though I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

thanks for the tips guys, yea i'll jack up the car chuck the tyre in the ol' 'rolla and head to a few places see what they say... course if firestone (closest to my house) do it for cheap then c'est la vie :D

thanks for the tips guys, yea i'll jack up the car chuck the tyre in the ol' 'rolla and head to a few places see what they say... course if firestone (closest to my house) do it for cheap then c'est la vie :D

I honestly dont mean to be rude here

You own a 1999 328 Ci and your worried about spending $20-$30 dollars on a puncture repair ??

I could understand it if it was a tyre, but, surely not a puncture.

Edited by *Glenn*

Don't Tonys do them for free? ...if I remember the jingle correctly!

Guest Simon*

You own a 1999 328 Ci and your worried about spending $20-$30 dollars on a puncture repair ??

That man :rolleyes: has a point :)

But just to throw you a curve Tony's tyres advertise free puncture repair ;)

Last time I had a nail in the tyre it meant new tyre for me :(

haha glenn, fair point :) interesting that you would say that as thats where some of my concern comes from.. im just worried the tyre's not going to be repairable... don't want someone taking me for a ride for just because of the car i drive... like telling me the tyre's not repairable in the hopes I buy a replacement tyre... I would be totaly relying on the word of the technician as I dont know much at all about tyres..

and before you say it. Yes. I have trust issues.

Edited by Silvermace

haha glenn, fair point :) interesting that you would say that as thats where some of my concern comes from.. im just worried the tyre's not going to be repairable... don't want someone taking me for a ride for just because of the car i drive... like telling me the tyre's not repairable in the hopes I buy a replacement tyre... I would be totaly relying on the word of the technician as I dont know much at all about tyres..

If you have driven on it flat, there is a possibility that you have damaged the tyre (shyte happens)

If you have "trust" issues. I would suggest you take it to our forum sponsor and talk to Johno at their Penrose branch

http://www.magandtyredirect.com/

if you have trust issues be upfront and ask them to show you WHY the tyre needs to be replaced.

Most of the places ive been to have a picture similar pictures to this around the place

Ive already had to replace both my rear tyres on my 2000 325i cause of punctures that cant be repaired

i got them at my local beaurepairs the guy remembered me and gave me around a $100 discount on it

post-3372-1222502919_thumb.png