Sign in to follow this  
misgvous_1

touch up paint

Benjamin Moore Paints will match any colour.They charge about $ 20 to put it into an aerosol can.They would need to have a sample or see your car.

Guest Andrew

does the paint that comes from bmw not come in a aerosol can?

No, a little nailpolish type thing

For people down here i can get touch up paints for around 10 bucks or something .. i forget ...

Guest Andrew

For people down here i can get touch up paints for around 10 bucks or something .. i forget ...

thats how much they are at the dealer - unless you have a metalic paint.

I went to Shelly BMW.... it comes in 2 lipstick containers.. one being the colour itself.. the other being clear coating...

Had another session with the ole' touchup paint this weekend... was driving around in Havelock North up in Hawkes' Bay and was driving very slowly over some new judder bars the are doing, and then all of a sudden the other side dropped away.. CRUNCH... small white line along the length of my front lip.. very peesed off considering i was inching over it... my fault for driving there i spose.. doh!

Hmmmm, good thread, any ideas on this prob:

I have a couple of stone chips in my bonnet that i've neglected and they're starting to rust :(

Should I just paint some touch up over them or is there something to put on first to stop the rusting???

carl, get what rust you can off and then coat the chips with rust killer. A good brand is rustroy. Wait about 24 hours then you can paint how you would normally. If you just paint over the rust it will come back

im getting my rust fixed next weekend and wondering also where i can get the same green paint as minet from in a spray can

from benjamin moore?

where abouts is that?

for touch up paint i go to a panelbeaters, get them to get the right paint with the paint numbers and put it in a correction fluid type bottle - $12

Id get it from the dealer.. clearcoat too is good.

When you apply to stne chips, dont use the brush. Get a toothpick and get a little drop of paint on there and apply very carefully to fill in the 'hole'.

Try places like repco for a close match. If you got a wierd colour or want it perfect go to somewhere like total body shop supplies. Dunno if you got them up in auckland though? They are expensive though. Cost me $50 for enough paint (alpine white) to do a sun roof, front bumber, and quarter panel. I probably used more than I had to cos I was using a spray gun for the fisrt time and wasn't exactly sure what i was doing. End result far better than any aerosol though. They can put paint in a aerosol if you want though.