Sign in to follow this  
ThreeOneEight

Friday Afternoon French Lesson

This is "Gerard Leopardieu" (named after the seat-covers), my brother's first car. A sexy little hydropneumatic wonder, looking fetching in French Revolution Red. As some will know, his front plate was stolen, so we had to replace it with a black Europlate- thanks GermanPlates.com! The original plate was, weirdly, handed in... so we have both now...

Everybody holds a soft spot for the left-field instrument cluster design. It takes a while to learn!

Bask in the unreliable quirkiness!

post-944-1222403604_thumb.jpg

post-944-1222403613_thumb.jpg

post-944-1222403623_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThreeOneEight

Ah Citroen the masters of left field - enjoy - had my flirt with them ended brutally on the A14 going into Vienna when rear ended by a 528 BMW

like the play on the name

Bloody BMW drivers....sheesh. :D

Nice looking car, appears to be in good shape with low k's!

Thanks for all the comments- it's one of those cars that gets more than it's fair share of stares!

Will see what he's up to next Friday night- I think he works then, though(got to pay for the inevitable auto electrician bills somehow!). Otherwise I'm sure he'd be happy to bring it along for entertainment!

It's not the fastest out there- it's a 1.6 XU carb engine with around eighty-five horsepower. But the ride quality is amazing and it's much more spacious than my E30, yet is shorter (and with the suspension down, lower!).

Very cool car, though- so tidy and ultra low kms, and high spec, I'm almost a little jealous- it only cost him $900!

Them tyres is bald. Too many mean skids.

Suppose thats all there is to do in the Hutt. :P

Edited by tastic

Yum. Car goes up. Car goes down.

Owned a BX19 myself. Used to bounce all over the place on its lowest setting. Made me sea sick on its highest. Was a great car!

I had a BX 14 back in the day. Looked exactly like your brothers.

Mine didn't have that digital rev counter though.

Strangest dash I have ever run into, but quirkiness factor is a selling point for these cars. Even the fact that the indicator was a switch on the dashboard, rather than a stalk.

I remember at the time that the BX 16v GTI was a boy racers wet dream (in the UK).

Enjoy the car.

Cheers

seriously considered a bx1.9 deisel at one time....was scared off by tales of the older models suspension repairs...

seriously considered a bx1.9 deisel at one time....was scared off by tales of the older models suspension repairs...

Being a Peugeot mechanic, we've seen our fair share of these bx's, the hydro-spastic suspension isn't the most reliable of things, (every citreon leaks), however this one is in very tidy condition, proberly the tidiest i've actually seen.

Keep it like this and i'd say she'll be worth a bit later on down the track.