Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

After a week with my car.

As you know i am new around here and purchased a 1996 323i with the m sport kit on it. Well today i went for my first decent drive which was from chch to akoroa which i know is not a huge distance but it gave me a feel for my car. After my previous car which was state of the ark my beemer handled like a dream, smooth and quiet and with plenty of punch when i needed it. Its still a learning curve for me as my last one which was a mazda jap import 2 door was very light in the steering and you can feel the beemer much more heavy but i am sure that is something i will get used to. Going over the hill a small plant on the pedal and in sport mode shot me away faster than i am used to and i found it both fun and exciting. I have always wanted to own and bmw and now that i do i am over the moon its everything that i expected, I guess pride comes into it as well i feel proud to own one where as before it was just a case of meh yup thats my car but now i feel proud getting out of mine lol, i know it sounds silly but to me its been a big leap. I put some car seat covers in yesterday and these (see pic) were the only ones i could find that i sort of liked in the right colour, Have also included a pic of the head unit i put in, Luckily the one took out of my old car lights up with the excat same colour as all the lights in the beemer. Anyway that was me just making a big deal that most people will say wtf :D

post-3443-1222919551_thumb.jpg

post-3443-1222919583_thumb.jpg

Not a fan of the car seat covers or mats... but that's personal preference. Glad you enjoyed your drive. The Chch to Akaroa drive is a lot of fun.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Its nice just to drive for the sake of driving.

I use to live in chch and I miss driving over to akaroa for the day.

Haha, for a second there I thought you pulled out the interior of a Z3 and slapped it in...

Look forward to meeting you at next chch get together :)

Hey presso,welcome to the forum.We all have massive amounts of pride in our cars so dont worry about sounding silly.I love to make a big deal about my car but unfortunately only my dog is interested.Catch you at the next chch meet.

There has been some nice driving weather recently eh? Once you get Bimmer running through your veins there's no going back :P.

Have also included a pic of the head unit i put in, Luckily the one took out of my old car lights up with the excat same colour as all the lights in the beemer. Anyway that was me just making a big deal that most people will say wtf :D

*Waves* That's totally normal :P Glad you're having fun with the car!