Sign in to follow this  
GLIDN

E46 330 BMW cambelt question

Does this version of bmw have cambelt or camchain?

Just findout. Uncle wants one of these?

Any recommend places to get them to check the BMW out?

Thanks I Advance

m54b30

Posted Image

which is cuppled to this

Posted Image

Get a BMW "pre-purchase inspection" done at Jerry Claytons or Team McMillian or maybe even call our forum sponsor Glenn at botany motor works wwhom Im sure does one too. Its about a 1 million times beter because it checks everything and the gotcha's with BMW vehicles better than getting a generic AA report done which just checks for basic problems.

m54b30

Posted Image

which is cuppled to this

Posted Image

Get a BMW "pre-purchase inspection" done at Jerry Claytons or Team McMillian or maybe even call our forum sponsor Glenn at botany motor works wwhom Im sure does one too. Its about a 1 million times beter because it checks everything and the gotcha's with BMW vehicles better than getting a generic AA report done which just checks for basic problems.

wow thanks for the responsive reply.

I has found one potential 330.

He would prefer M-Sport and 5 door even if there are 5spd/6spd manual. He cannot do coupe due to family.

But it does have to have the M-Sport 3 Spoke steering wheel that is a must.

Cheers

Good choice .... I have a sedan and it is mighty handy. Grab the m-sport if you can. and yes.. Multi Function Steering makes all the difference. remember he can retrofit any option down the track but the motorsport kit new your looking about 5-6k to do it with new parts.

Good choice .... I have a sedan and it is mighty handy. Grab the m-sport if you can. and yes.. Multi Function Steering makes all the difference. remember he can retrofit any option down the track but the motorsport kit new your looking about 5-6k to do it with new parts.

Thanks for this Hybrid,

yeah he is after an M-Sport with a catch he does want leather not alcantera material With Multi Function Steering.

He's not into retro fitting things, he feels it should already be there. lol

hahah .. cool, put it this way .. I got mine with black leather and the paint job I wanted and thats about it. From there I installed satnav, full m3 OEM kit, alots of metal work to the body, got the horrible wood grain trim re done in alloy silver, Multi functional steering, forged wheels and full suspension upgrade including sway bars, coupe seats on sedan carriers, suspersprint exhuast, euro OEM clear rear lights, euro clear side markers and HID 8k with DDE head lights and a bunch of other minor stuff like Ipod intergration blah...

Easiest and cheapest thing I learnt is that getting it all at the time of sale is the best way to go :)

however the retrofit thing is all OEM so its not some rangi tack on crap. Retrofitting is what BMW calls re visisting the factory options list again ;)

hahah .. cool, put it this way .. I got mine with black leather and the paint job I wanted and thats about it. From there I installed satnav, full m3 OEM kit, alots of metal work to the body, got the horrible wood grain trim re done in alloy silver, Multi functional steering, forged wheels and full suspension upgrade including sway bars, coupe seats on sedan carriers, suspersprint exhuast, euro OEM clear rear lights, euro clear side markers and HID 8k with DDE head lights and a bunch of other minor stuff like Ipod intergration blah...

Easiest and cheapest thing I learnt is that getting it all at the time of sale is the best way to go :)

however the retrofit thing is all OEM so its not some rangi tack on crap. Retrofitting is what BMW calls re visisting the factory options list again ;)

Haha yeah i know what you mean.

are the standard japanese radio able to get there frequency band changed on the radio itself?

Or via a band expander only?

Most Jap cars come with Alpine built head units. What you need is one of the philips 'world' head units (look almost identical)

I have one for sale at the moment that I used before the Nav install. Its in excellent order.

Don't use a band expander.

Most Jap cars come with Alpine built head units. What you need is one of the philips 'world' head units (look almost identical)

I have one for sale at the moment that I used before the Nav install. Its in excellent order.

Don't use a band expander.

Yeah i personally would not use the band expanders.

Well he is in negotiation with the company that has very nice 330i M-spec. Will keep you posted if he gets it i'll talk to you if it does happen.

Again thanks for all the help

Thanks for the info guys, it turns out the owner of such BMW would not drop his price at all from $26990 with 84km from memory so the uncle walked away and now owns a 2003 A4 1.8T Quattro.

Thanks for the info guys, it turns out the owner of such BMW would not drop his price at all from $26990 with 84km from memory so the uncle walked away and now owns a 2003 A4 1.8T Quattro.

Is 27k a good price?

Is 27k a good price?

is 27K a good price for what?

The BMW - i personally do not know, it was an import too.

The Audi ended up being almost 9K less. or a little more, they did not buy purely on price point but more value for money and what they got for it.

The BMW also would have needed all four tyres replaced with in the next 3000km's.

So i personally felt that car was overpriced.

The cambelt on the Audi is going to cost as much or more than 4 new tyres

Audi cambelts 120,000 or every 5 years whichever occurs first....which makes it overdue by time if it hasnt been done.

I know which car I'd rather own & buy :rolleyes:

The cambelt on the Audi is going to cost as much or more than 4 new tyres

Audi cambelts 120,000 or every 5 years whichever occurs first....which makes it overdue by time if it hasnt been done.

I know which car I'd rather own & buy :rolleyes:

yeah i know all that glen, but it's not an issue i can get the cambelt kits for $400 including metal impellar water pump and thermo stat. and that including shipping and paying more now for the fact that the kiwi dollars is weaker to the US Dollar.

Also although Audi claim 5 years or 120000km's, believe me do not let your audi cambelt go past 85000kms on a belt. seen it many a times.

I guess it's also easy that i have all the dagnostic tools for the Audi/VW and pretty much know most of the audi/VW 1.8T variants of this engine type