Sign in to follow this  
Carl

How do I get alarm into valet mode?

I'm not 100% sure what my alarm is as it was installed before I got the car but I was told it's a 4 star mongoose, the type with the annoying immobiliser that triggers after 15 seconds inactivity. The 2 fobs are a 2 button  type.

I need to put it into valet mode so that when I remove the battery the alarm won't sound continuously and f**k my neighbours off.

Turning ignition off and on 20x doesn't do it, the uniden one in my other car works like that after 6x which is so simple, but this one is a right c**t.

Thoughts? Ideas please.

Edited by ЯЭMMIЯ

I Fully reakon that you find out what type of alarm it actually is,

then email the alarm company i did that with uniden and they provided all the manuals for me and really helped me out when it didnt work properly

and im sure mongoose would prob do the same

Cheers

You probably have an M60 series. They dont have a valet mode as such.

I take it you have a battery back up siren otherwise it wont continually sound with the battery disconnected -if you have - you should have a key to turn the siren off from a switch at the top of the siren.

The alarm itself is disabled by a pin overide - a 4 digit code which is entered by turning the ign key on & off ign in the correct sequence of the pin code (unique to each alarm) This code is supplied with the alarm on a credit card type card. This is intended for use to overide the alarm in the case of a lost or broken remote but needs to be done each time to cancel the alarm - is not a valet mode.

If you havent got this code - best you try & find/confirm it & likewise if you have a battery back up siren & no overide key - best you get one.

You probably have an M60 series. They dont have a valet mode as such.

I take it you have a battery back up siren otherwise it wont continually sound with the battery disconnected -if you have - you should have a key to turn the siren off from a switch at the top of the siren.

The alarm itself is disabled by a pin overide - a 4 digit code which is entered by turning the ign key on & off ign in the correct sequence of the pin code (unique to each alarm) This code is supplied with the alarm on a credit card type card. This is intended for use to overide the alarm in the case of a lost or broken remote but needs to be done each time to cancel the alarm - is not a valet mode.

If you havent got this code - best you try & find/confirm it & likewise if you have a battery back up siren & no overide key - best you get one.

Thanking you sir, I have located the keys you may have just spoken of and will test your theory soon