Sign in to follow this  
Matasorapit

Update so far

Hi guys

I have been floating around this forum for a little while now. Mainly getting ideas and inspirations.

I brought this car a few months back and new very little about BMW.

Posted Image

This is what I have done so far. Still alot I want to do and will be doing.

Sure I have added a few things that may not belong but it helps the style.

I have never done up a euro car before and this has proved to be harder than any car I have worked on before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not my cup of tea either but very impressed with your progress.

Got anything planned performance wise?

Looking alot different to when I saw it last!!!

Your the dude I spoke with in the bunnings carpark a while back?

The lights and wheels are not my cup of tea but the bodykit is nice (rear bumper a little iffy), and it looks like you're taking good care of it! It's a good colour which really benefits from clear lights vs the original ambers.

Who makes that front bumper? Fitment looks good.

Mpulsive

The Bumper is Rieger in Germany, and the rest of the kit. Most of the mods have been top parts. from the outside the next step is a new hood and the cosmetic side of it will be done.

braeden.

Yeah mate, thats it. I park on the other side of the carpark now. Too many guys hanging around the car park breaking into cars.

Quailboy

So far, Carbon Dynamic Airbox by BCM, full exhaust system supersrpint. Next step is a manual box with a good lite flywheel and long final drive. The S gear in the auto does that by winding out the gears but I would rather have control. The S Gear changes up at about 100km but the pickup still is not fast enough. I have had it just under 200km but it took a while to get there. Then I am still doing research on what upgrades I can do to the engine. Some of the places I have been dealing with have given some really good ideas. Still keen on an engine swap in the near future. It has been the hardest car to do up that I have ever worked on but worth the challenge so far.

I still have alot I want to do with the car both outside and under it. The Mags are from the cats at Palmys Mag N Tyre direct. Great guys, heaps of laughs and have helped me and the missus with her car alot. Totally recommend those guys. They are not euro style mags but I wanted something different, I wanted something that will stand out.

Hey mate

Do you mind if I steal one of your pics and put it on our website? Car is looking good!

cheers

Johno

nice, I think the fact that you've followed the same theme / colour scheme right the way through your car deserves credit.

Edited by bmw3

Ok I'm sold on those lights now. Totally different style than anything else on here and done really well!! I never though those wheels and lights could be pulled off, but you have. Very japanese like you said early on, but so far you havn't wrecked it.

Nice work!! Must be costing you plenty!

P.S. I love all the little black detailing - the wheels and the lights really bring them out. This would be the first ever e46 I'd say DONT colour code the door handles.

Only thing negative I could say is that with the bonnet you have, its going to start looking alot like a monaro.

Edited by bravo

Car looks hot dude.... mind next time Im up in Palmy if I come and have a look see at the car???

Thanks guys,

Bravo, yeah mate. The next step is a new bonnet. Currently seeking a GTR style one with the M3 lump. Found a few online but they are all carbon fibre. In all honesty I wanted to have it painted and match the car but if I end up with a carbon one I dont know if I paint it or not. If anyone knows where to get one that is not carbon, hit me a line.

Yeah so far spent a fair bit of money but I planned to spend a bit and still planning on spending alot more.

Nu-Del, mate just looked at what your doing. Fan-friggin-tastic mate. I look foward to you coming up brother and look foward to seeing that ride of yours when she is finished. I have been seeking a guy who has done a transplant like your planning so I will be picking your brain mate.

Cheers mate,

Thats the inital response I was chasing with the car. Once the outside is all finished (I am still tossing up on a total color change). Bonnet done and all other bits and peices.

There is still more I want out of the performance. I am still hunting ideas of what I can do engine wise. Turbo or Supercharge ideas have just gone to muk. They are too hard to do and still will not produce the power I was looking for. Does good for a small engine though not on pick up but top speed aint half bad.

I asked when I joined this forum about engine transplants. Now I am heading into thinking about an import engine. I love what Nu-Del is doing. Thats the friggin ticket. Nissan engines are great for adding up the HP and not too expensive for the amount of power you get. Personally a dream would be to drop in an RB26 DETT nismo but lotto only offers me bonus tickets.

I have spent a fair few bucks so far so justifying an engine replacment is easy price wise. The hard part is finding people who are willing to share their trials and tribulations. Not to mention a tuner willing to look into the project. I may just drop down to see Nu-Del's project unfold every now and again with a notebook.