Sign in to follow this  
3series

FS 2004 E46 M3 Convertible NZ New $18k

I saw this ad on trade and exchange and thought I'd look into it. Sounded as though it was too good to be true.

"Kilometres: 96,000km

Body: Black, 2 door, Convertible

Fuel type: Petrol

Engine: 6 cylinder, 3300cc

History: 1 owner, NZ New

Registration expires: Jan 2009

WOF expires: Jan 2009 Stereo description: BMW Harmon Cardon

Features: ABS brakes Air conditioning Alarm Alloy wheels Central locking Driver airbag Passenger airbag Power steering.

This vehicle has a fuel consumption of 12.1L per 100km, an annual fuel cost of $3,130 and a fuel economy rating of 2.5 out of 6. (Source: Fuelsaver)

One driver since new and fully serviced through Jerry Claytons. In fact just serviced on 27th March.

Great car anytime of year and absolutely stunning in black with black full leather interior and 19 inch wheels and fantastic to drive with the SMG system.

New rear tires, new warrent and new rego in March.

Fantastic condition and used mainly on longer trips so the engine is running perfectly - none of that stop start around Auckland!

Known as the best 6 cylinder engine in the world, this car handles so well around corners and has been carefully driven by one owner from new.

The best convertible at the price and the engine is to die for.

Posted Image

Posted Image

PRICE:

$18,000.00

Email: Contact by email "

I was a little confused as the only contact details were via email. So sent him an email letting him know about my interest and that I was seriously considering buying, his response is below.

Re: T&E Online: Bmw M3, 2004 Ad 3473652

Hello my name is Thomas.

I want to tell you that the Bmw M3, 2004 is still for sale, like new, seldom used, never smoked in, never damaged, fully loaded. Original owner, and comes with a clear title and have 343 horsepower, SMG transmission. Currently I'm in United States to develop a family business. This has no negative effect for you because the shipping is included in the buy it now price. The car is at the shipping company www.e-liveshipping.tk in New Zealand, ready to be sending at your place. We will use Bank Transfer as a payment method because I am affiliated at this company and I have a purchase protection account.

The last price is 18.000 $ including shipping.

Please reply me only if you are interested. I welcome you buying this nice and fast car as it will make you very happy, but actions are the answer.

Then... I checked up on trademe, to find hey wait a second... Same car, $69,000 different owner!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-164902290.htm

Posted Image

Hmmm seems like these scams are starting to make there way to the NZ Market. I've sent Thomas an email confirming I am interested in purchasing and was wondering if I could pay an deposit upfront so I could test drive prior . Have requested his account details so I can send through the payment. Heres hoping he replys soon :D

Edited by bmw3

Can't stress enough - if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Can't stress enough - if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Very very true.

Good spotting bmw3, keep us posted!

I had the same thing happen about 3 years ago, M3 offered through trademe for $40 K. I traced the owner in chirstchurch who had no idea his car was being offered for sale. As soon as you respond the ad gets pulled from trademe.

No way guys... I just bought an E46 M3 almost the same for $17,500! What a deal! I've sent the money via wire transfer to Nigeria and I should get the car from America in two weeks! So excited!!!

<_<

You've all been fooled!

Guys its a have.

I once found a car on trade me that was worth about $20k but was being sold for $10k. Too good to be true, so I emailed the person who so happend to be overseas and needing to sell his car. He asked for a 50% deposit to be internet transfered to his account and on payment he will tell his "friend" in NZ to release the car to me and pay him the difference.

No way was I falling for it so continued my trade me search and found the same car with the same plate on a dealers yard in Auckland!

To cut a long story short, after speaking to the dealer he actually owned the car and some fraudster made up an auction to make a bit of money.

Ive seen it a number of times on trade me and quite common.

Beware!

its one of those international scams. trade and exchange is full of them. pretty stupid to send 18k to another country without seeing car neway lol :S

Theres a huge amount of similar auctions with iPhones for example. If it's too good to be true chances are it bloody well is the slimy bastards!