Sign in to follow this  
briancol

Tragic Accident

Oh my god! All that beer. Whats amazing is how far the driver actually drove without noticing several hundred boxes of beer erupting behind him!

Can't see how this could happen for real, and they must have dropped from a massive height as beer doesn't usually smash when dropped.

Can't see how this could happen for real, and they must have dropped from a massive height as beer doesn't usually smash when dropped.

Maybe it fell out of a plane?

Reminds me of a true event that I saw on the motorway in England, involving a truck full of beer that caused a huge tail-back on the motorway.

There was an electrical fault in the rear of the trailer that caused a small fire to start, the truckie saw the smoke and pulled over on to the hard shoulder, and opened the curtains to see where the smoke was coming from (not the brightest move)... this revealed the fire and fed it with more oxygen, and also revealed the trailer was full of pallets of beer on the way to a supermarket distribution centre.

The tail-backs on the motorway were NOT caused by the fire in the trailer, but by all the very helpful motorists that just stopped on the main carriageway to "assist" the driver in putting out the fire and "saving" the load.

In the end the police had to arrest some people for obstruction before they could get the traffic moving again.

If I hadn't been stuck in the queue for over and hour and a half, I might have found it amusing when I crawled past the scene!!