Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

How much to insure?

Im just wondering, lets say you just aquired a new car, well under its market value. How much would you insure it for?

Its a 2000 E46 330i Sedan, Auto, Forest Green, Cream leather interior, One lady owner, 79k, NZ New.

In all round excellent condition

Thanks

Ryan

Insure it for market value... chances are you won't find a replacement car for under market value if it gets nicked and you'll be out of pocket.

Thats what I'm asking..

What would you consider its market value, the aquisition price would be no where near it!

Somewhere between 16 and 19 at a guess. You could go higher (if you went to dealer prices).

Cheers, Yeah my stab in the dark was 17 - 20k

Cheers, Yeah my stab in the dark was 17 - 20k

Don't you work at a BMW dealership? Just get a written valuation from them to give to your insurance company.

Haha oh yeah, perhaps I'll do that. Only really needed a rough idea from an unbiased crowed who would give a honest opinion of its value. If I asked at work they would just give the price its worth to them which will be a wholesale price.

Only really needed a rough idea from an unbiased crowed who would give a honest opinion of its value.

Hmmmm bimmersport.....an unbiased crowd.....honest opinions of value....are you sure your in the right place ;)

i think you should sell it cheap to Tony as some idiot wrote his one off on Monday. A manual swap from the wreck could be possible.