Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

blaupunkt?

k guys,

doing some light sounds soon, i was lookin to do it all in blaupunkt (50x4 h/unit, 2 components and 2 6 inches) came out to be just under 1g...

is it really worth goin blaupunkt, clarion etc when i cud get the eqivalent (not spellin right, getting tired) pioneer etc for a hell of a lot cheaper?

sparkle

I got a pioneer head unit and i think its awesome. Goes real good, you want be disapointed if you get pioneer, I haven't listened to blaupunkt stuff so I couldn't tell you. Easiest way to tell is go listen to blaupunkt stuff on comparator board and then some pioneer stuff. Then buy what sounds the best.

from personal experience i think some of the blauplunk is better than the pioneer ..

I've got some gear for sale if you are interested ... PM me ..

I woudln't put too much emphasis on the head unit Sparkle, it's the speakers that make most of the noticeable difference, get the right speakers first and then get a suitable headunit to drive them.

I woudln't put too much emphasis on the head unit Sparkle, it's the speakers that make most of the noticeable difference, get the right speakers first and then get a suitable headunit to drive them.

:o are you mental?

the headunit is the brain behind the entire sound, if its a sh*t one, you get sh*t sound period.

in the car stereo world the main thing to remember is you get what you pay for.

head unit doesnt matter???????? OMG!!

:o are you mental?

the headunit is the brain behind the entire sound, if its a sh*t one, you get sh*t sound period.

in the car stereo world the main thing to remember is you get what you pay for.

head unit doesnt matter???????? OMG!!

I never said the head unit didn't matter, I said to get a suitable head unit to drive the speakers, in any sound system it's the speakers that actually recreate the audio wave.

While everything plays its role, you can have the best head unit in the world but if you've got shite speakers then it's going to sound crap whereas if you had the best speakers and a sh*t head you're still going to get a decent sound.

Guest Spargo

Blaupunkt > pioneer, sony, etc etc

The only auido brands i really like are Infinity, Blau, Alpine and D/S/L

sorry sparkle we still aint answered your orginal question, its pretty much agreed that the european stuff is better than the japanese stuff (just like the cars) {sorry sic*}. Why don't you tell us some of the model no's you were thinking of getting and prices etc? You could go post this at www.nzicemag.co.nz they'd have a better idea

i like the sony aftermarket stuff.(the stuff you personaly import)

pioneer amps are the best value for money, i think so anyway

and MTX stuff :mosh:

sorry sparkle we still aint answered your orginal question, its pretty much agreed that the european stuff is better than the japanese stuff (just like the cars) {sorry sic*}.

why say sorry to me, im running infinity fronts, hifonics amps, stinger cabling and cap and sound dampner, 15 " earthquake sub and jvc mp3 heady.. i think im happy with what i have B)

get the best components to run speakers you can then worry about speakers

i mean do you go get a phat car then put 2 stroke fuel in it? No, same as getting a sh*t heady and sh*t cabling with sh*t amps

again, you get what you pay for.

pioneer make some pretty good stuff, but then again blaupunkt are just as good.

Pioneer would be good because if the worst does happen, it would be easyer to fix, (more popula in NZ) etc, but its a tuff question..........I would prob go with pioneer because its cheaper etc