Sign in to follow this  
e30boy

E30 fly wheel and driveshaft WANTED!!!!!!!

hey peeps,

just wondering if any one had a fly wheel and or driveshaft for my e30. it's a 89 320i and i'm doing a manual conversion on my baby. Any help will be gratefull.

Wade

HOPEFULLY IN THE WELLY REGION BUT ALL OTHER HELP GRATEFULLY NEEDED.

also any one out there with diagrams etc for the conversion.

cheers

Wade

all e30 manual p/f or f/l g/boxes fit,the manual pedals have a longer bolt at the top,there is a prepunched mark in the body for the slave cylinder,the feed line has a grommit in it that needs to be removed,the only major difference is the propshaft centr bearing,hope that helps

all e30 manual p/f or f/l g/boxes fit,the manual pedals have a longer bolt at the top,there is a prepunched mark in the body for the slave cylinder,the feed line has a grommit in it that needs to be removed,the only major difference is the propshaft centr bearing,hope that helps

What? He didn't mention the pedal box, or clutch cylinders. Even so, the SLAVE cylinder is attached to the gearbox, and the MASTER cylinder is attached to the pedal box.

And no not ALL e30 boxes fit all e30's, there are four cylinder variants and six cylinder variants, the p/fl 325 has two sensors that are mounted in the bell housing, the facelift 325 does not, so no, they don't all fit!

The prop shaft centre bearing is exactly the same, there are two types, but you dont need to change them you can use the one currently in there, the FRONT PIECE is different, as all e30 prop shafts are two piece. The auto one is too short!

You dont need a wiring diagram for the manual swap, unless you have an automatic gearbox with Sport and economy buttons all you need to do is the inhibitor wiring, this is easily found on google, or just trial and error with the 3 wires, you must splice one wire into another, its been so long I forget exactly how.

Call RAY@HellBM for your parts.

Edited by QuickSilver

Google it, plenty of info out there.

hanger bearing will be the same, the front half of the drive shaft is different.

As yours is an 89, make sure your box is from a M20 engine and you'll be ok.

Pedals are fairly easy, auto inhibitor switch needs to be shorted out.

As above, the hole for the master cylinder is there, just needs to be punched out, the captive nuts are also on your auto pedalbox already for the master cyl.

Allow yourself a couple of days if you're doing it on stands, but can be done much quicker if you know what you're doing.

You're too quick Alex. :P

Edited by Silver Fox

Hanger bearings between f/l and pre f/l are different. Just in regard to the spacing between mounting bolts.

hey peeps,

just wondering if any one had a fly wheel and or driveshaft for my e30. it's a 89 320i and i'm doing a manual conversion on my baby. Any help will be gratefull.

Wade

It might be the expensive way but if nobody can sell you a flywheel you can have one made up & the ring gear from your Automatic flex plate can be pressed onto the "new" flywheel centre.

A drive shaft can also be custom lengthened.

Both of those are the expensive / hard ways to do it but anything is possible... even if you CAN'T get parts

hey peeps,

Wade

Can do flywheel, clutch, driveshaft, clutch pedal, give me a call, 021 744 881 Sunday would be best

Cheers...Stephen