Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

BMW Wreckers

Can someone recommend any wreckers or companies that sell either second hand or refurbished parts and the like.

Im starting to think on how I can get a tv etc into my 740 but have no idea where to go or who to ask. There are plenty of e38's around and they get into accidents just like everyone else so I would hope there are a couple of breakers around with parts.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Hope you got the 740i all nicely cleaned up, the pictures were not pretty you posted a while back.

I have dealt with both SD European and Mosen Europarts in Hamilton a lot, they are both excellent and have an excellent supply of parts (they both deal in just BMW parts.

You can get hold of SD European on 0800 269 772, and Mosen's on 07 846 6671.

Good luck.

Cheers

Thanks Grant,

Got the car from the panel beaters today and it looks much better. The interior was cleaned up a few weeks ago and if any needs someone in the Wellington area to take care of your leather I can strongly recommend European Leather Care, they were nothing short of brilliant.

Funny you should mention SD European, Ive just this minute found them on the web !

Will give them a ring on Monday to see what they have to say.

Cheers

Martyn

European leather care, if its the guys I think it is they do a very nice job. Not easy to find (back from the Petone shops) but they did a nice job restoring my leather trenchcoat.

I was going to get them to do some work on my leather couches too.

martyn, keep us updated since I'm also keen on being able to watch TV in my car.

What about wreckers such as Fab Direct, Quarry Motors (I know they are on the other side of the world), but they have more cars and better equipped ones too in for wrecking.

Shadowninja.....

if you saw the pictures of my car then our couches were ten times worse. The looked like orange peel the mould was so bad. A week after going to Jason they looked like new again.

I would recommend them for anything thats leather. They have even cleaned our shoes and boots ;-)

318Touring....

What I want to do is retrofit the screen in the dash. Lots of people are upgrading to widescreens leaving tons of 3:4 screens on ebay and the like.

I have used FAB when I was living in the UK and the were great up to a point. There were a couple of occasions when they stumped up the price when they knew I was after a part for my 750iL !

I still have money in the UK but I also have an outstanding tax bill :(

I was hoping to find out just how much it would cost in NZ to get a screen, tv module, the wiring etc to make a comparison before I start hunting on Ebay again.

Cheers

Martyn

:rambo: SD Euro are ripoffs!!!

please sit down and remove your arms and one leg. that will be all + GST i might add.

BMWarehouse aka Kev Mosen. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

good discount rates for members :mosh:

martyn

If you haven't done so, this is quite a good source for information on Nav retrofit project, although they use the widescreen ones.

I want NAV on my BMW!!

I've seen lots of imported BMWs with small screens, so there should be plenty around once those people get rid off the car for various reasons.

There's a wrecker with attitude at Upper Hutt. There's another one in Manukau Auckland, they have a website which address I can't remember. They quoted higher than dealer's prices on email, but came up cheaper when I dropped by.

bumpstop325

Does BMWarehouse has a website?

:rambo: SD Euro are ripoffs!!!

please sit down and remove your arms and one leg. that will be all + GST i might add.

They have always been bloody good to me, I have even scammed free parts every now and then from them (including parts like whole tail light sections).

I have also had them carry out significant work on my car, all at a very good rate.

Cheers

:thumb: You must be a lucky one grant.

they always quoted me double than what :thumb: mosens did. :thumb:

so i gave then a piece of my mind and didnt go back to them.

i dont think mosens have a website but they have an email.

i dont have it with me as im in tauranga at the moment.

This is the email for mosen's .. talk to greame ..

BM Warehouse Ltd. [sales@bmwarehouse.co.nz]

nope just older, thats all.

nope just older, thats all.
and unfortunatly, that makes a big difference when it comes to dealing with the automotive industry - if your a woman or a young person, they'll give you outrageous prices, if however you are a balding middle aged man, they usually give fair and reasonable prices... (sorry if i have offended anyone, but i got a quote for parts, then dad went in (middle aged, bald) and got a quote for the same parts for a considerably lower sum...)