Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

540 window wont lower

Hey guys,The right rear window on my 540 wont lower.

I've had the door card off-motor works fine in both directions,the pull cable is intact & seems to be doing what it should.

Is there a pulley or similar on the window arm(up where you cant see) that could be disconnected or stuffed.

Any help would be much appreciated.I hate stuff that doesnt work.At least its stuck up!

Guest Simon*

In the E34 Mark you fix little niggles like this by holding the window button down and giving the inside of the door a bang with your fist :)

have parts if needed.

Hey guys,The right rear window on my 540 wont lower.

I've had the door card off-motor works fine in both directions,the pull cable is intact & seems to be doing what it should.

Is there a pulley or similar on the window arm(up where you cant see) that could be disconnected or stuffed.

Any help would be much appreciated.I hate stuff that doesnt work.At least its stuck up!

The regulator (pulley) inside the door will be damaged. Replace it. With a new one

they deteriorate due to age - plastic gets brittle - so don't fit a 2nd hand "old" one as you don't know how long it will last. Fit a new one.

In the E34 Mark you fix little niggles like this by holding the window button down and giving the inside of the door a bang with your fist :)

Tried that-be back from the panelbeaters on Mon! :o

The regulator (pulley) inside the door will be damaged. Replace it. With a new one

they deteriorate due to age - plastic gets brittle - so don't fit a 2nd hand "old" one as you don't know how long it will last. Fit a new one.

Thanks Jochen & Brent-is this pulley at the top of the winder mech ie attached to the window glass arm?(where you cant see)

Thanks Jochen & Brent-is this pulley at the top of the winder mech ie attached to the window glass arm?(where you cant see)

BUMP-anyone?

BUMP-anyone?

sorry havn't looked at one closly .

but i think you will need to remove the mech to view it properly .

i do have a good mech if needed .

sorry havn't looked at one closly .

but i think you will need to remove the mech to view it properly .

i do have a good mech if needed .

Thanks mate-I'll get in touch once I've got it out.